Director, Product Design, Modern Apps Platform
- Palo Alto, CA
Director of Product Design, Modern Apps Platform - Remote
Design at VMware
We're a dedicated team that moves fast, upholds design quality, values consistency, and simplicity, and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We're the organization to "get it done" together. We're not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together as a team and an organization.
We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
Director of Product Design
The VMware Design team is looking for an experienced design leader to lead a team of talented and driven product designers across VMware's modern apps platform and our Tanzu portfolio of products and services.
A director of design focuses on defining the strategy for design across multiple product lines and owns the quality of delivery as they work side by side with the engineering and product management leadership to define the vision and roadmap of VMware products.
They're also responsible for the structure, the process, and the underlying vision of design in their team allowing their team to execute on VMware's design vision of building delightful, efficient, and effective products for our customers.
As a director of product design, you will also be an integral part of the design leadership team across VMware, defining out strategy as we move enterprise design and user experience forward.
- An empathic leader who builds a psychologically safe environment for designers to do their best work, collaborate together and with their cross functional team, and grow and learn.
- A passionate leader who has demonstrated their ability to deliver end to end experiences to customers and users in enterprise-like environments.
- Able to clearly articulate your vision, build a clear strategy, and drive execution across the organization while ensuring the quality and velocity of decision making and delivery.
- A leader who pushes the boundaries of design beyond the "functional" to building products that people love to use every single day.
- A leader who embraces accountability. Move fast, make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Managed large design teams (25+) working on multiple product lines before.
- Built the foundational pieces of process and structure for a design team.
- Experience in agile methodologies, lean UX, and helping teams deliver great design work faster.
- Examples you can share on how you mentored and helped product designers grow within an organization.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top