Director of Engineering
- Pune, India
VMware's Cloud Management Business Unit (CMBU) is a $2+ billion business unit that delivers and includes our vRealize Suite and vCloud Suite Management Platform as well as the WaveFront business unit within the Products and Cloud Services (PCS) organization.
VMware vRealize Suite delivers a comprehensive cloud management platform that can manage hybrid (multi-cloud) environments running anything from traditional to container (cloud native) workloads. vRealize speeds up the delivery of IT services through automation and pre-defined policies, providing high levels of agility and flexibility for developers and lines of business while maintaining governance and control.
vCloud Suite Is the Enterprise Ready Cloud Management Platform. VMware vCloud Suite is an integrated offering that brings together VMware's industry-leading vSphere hypervisor and VMware vRealize Suite multi-vendor hybrid cloud management platform. VMware's new portable licensing units allow vCloud Suite to build and manage both vSphere-based private clouds, as well as multi-vendor hybrid clouds. VMWare provides vRealize suite as on-premise and as Cloud Services focus.
We are seeking a technology leader and India Site leader for vRealize Cloud Automation, who is passionate about owning technology strategy, architecture, design and implementation of cloud services for cloud management across hybrid cloud, multi-cloud and for Kubernetes.This candidate should beexcited by the possibilities of technology innovation in cloud management, microservices, Kubernetes, and customer experience in everything he/she constructs, in collaborative environment where teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers' business objectives.
- Lead, inspire, and hire a large Engineering team in India
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, Product Management, Architects, and global engineering teams to come up with technology strategy and deliver highly available, fault-tolerant Cloud services and SaaS platform.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle.
- Own the project deliverable timelines and manage all communication around changes.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with end-to-end responsibility for your teams goals.
- Obsess over quality in the code you write and the product you create.
- Be completely engaged and lead technology strategy, implementation, development life cycle and delivery of the product suite
- Create and nurture culture of technical excellence and innovation
- 15+ years of commercial enterprise product and cloud services development experience.
- Experience playing a transformative leadership role of a India site leader for a large business unit.
- Effective leadership, influencing, mentoring skills and ability to inspire team members
- Excellent communication skills, active listener, ability to adapt communication styles to different audiences
- Demonstrated ability to come up with technology strategy with extensive leadership experience in leading and managing large geographically distributed engineering teams.
- Experience in leading development of cloud services with microservices based architectures hosted in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure or other).
- Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling.
- An understanding of team and individual goals and are motivated to accomplish them
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will teach and learn.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top