Director, Go to Market and Launch Marketing
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware Cloud Services is one of VMware's premier emerging businesses. This business unit includes offerings in the explosive growth categories of Cloud infrastructure and services, both on premises and within service provider communities like AWS, Microsoft, Google, Oracle and 1000's of others through our VMware Cloud Service Provider Partners. The offerings in this business unit include VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Cloud on Dell EMC.
This role will drive execution of launches and GTM for these offerings across the company. Including managing large cross functional workstreams that include complex activities, like integrations between systems, building strategic launch plans, driving teams to deadlines, and determine what actions need to be taken for each workstream.
Job Roles And Responsibilities
- Drive meticulous documentation and project planning for execution of workstreams across the company.
- Identify key aspects required to be successful for various workstreams.
- Define and create workstreams for all aspects of a product or project launch
- Drive Launch timelines, goals, and deliverables for a successful launch across teams.
- Work closely with workstream leaders to identify gaps or challenges and highlight those to management.
- Identify connective tissue between workstreams and how teams should work together.
- Manage workstreams to launch the front and back office of a SaaS platform, and continually optimize the experience for users with cross functional teams.
- Drive strategic plan for how to take a new offering to market.
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 10 years in GTM, Operations, Marketing, or other launch focused discipline.
- Ability to manage large projects and cross functional teams
- Meticulous attention to detail on project plans, details, timelines, cross functional teams, communications.
- Hands on experience launching a project or product, understands the materials needed, content, execution required, not just how to be the PMO.
- Familiar with Confluence to communicate project status as well as PMO platform like Asana to keep integrated projects on time.
- Intellectual curiosity & willingness to take ownership of projects and workstream leadership.
- Excellent leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire and motivate a large cross functional team. This person must be a hands-on leader, willing to personally contribute to the success of the organization.
- The person must have a strong work ethic, expressing dedication to the business and pursuit of the agreed-to business agendas.
- Ideal candidate is bright and observant in how pieces fit together, how the back office of a SaaS platform needs to be set up, how leads flow through a sales funnel/organization, how marketing contributes to a launch.
- BSCS, Business, Operations or analytics degree or equivalent, MBA preferred.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top