Director , Global Product Marketing; CPBU
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware Cloud Platform is VMware's largest business unit, with 500,000 customers in over 100 countries. VMware's Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU), includes the following lines of business - vSphere, VMware Cloud on AWS, and VMware Cloud for On-Prem. CPBU also drives two major new product line initiatives for Project Pacific (K8s on vSphere) and the VMware Hybrid Cloud Platform. This position will lead the Global Product Marketing group for VMware's cloud platform business unit. This person would be responsible for Global Product Marketing efforts across customer acquisition , customer conversion and customer retention, aligned to a GEO .
Job Roles and Responsibilities :
- Lead the interface for CPBU Product Marketing efforts in geo proximity to the regional specialist sales , customers and field marketing
- Work closely with the Hub and the regional marketing teams to align to GEO/Region specific needs
- Support with timely collateral, narrative, campaign support , trials .
- Provide real time engagement on targeting , segmentation to accelerate marketing pipeline
- Work closely with regional specialist teams in accelerating sales pipeline conversion from opportunities to paid customers.
- Identify sales blockers and liaison with extended BU teams in providing real time support with training , messaging , positioning , competitive , TCO .
- Work closely with the customers and SET teams to accelerate deployments and consumption and liaison with extended BU team
- Provide real time support with use cases , references , benchmarking , design , best practices , escalation paths.
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 10 years of relevant experience in leading product marketing functions
- Ability to create customer-facing presentation content independently, drive field and customer engagement and alignment
- Strong skillset in pipeline generation , demand marketing , structuring regional programs to drive engagement
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable delivering stage presentations to large audiences on an international scale.
- Solid knowledge of the IT vendor ecosystem.
- Intellectual curiosity & willingness to take ownership of deliverables.
- Excellent leadership qualities, including the ability to inspire and motivate a large cross functional team. This person must be a hands-on leader, willing to personally contribute to the success of the organization.
- The person must have a strong work ethic, expressing dedication to the business and pursuit of the agreed-to business agendas.
- BSCS degree or equivalent, MBA preferred.
This position is eligible for the JoinVMC Enhanced ERP Campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top