Director, Customer Success - Tech Touch
- Los Angeles, CA
Attn: Please include your experience with Tech Touch/Digital Touch on your resume or cover letter when applying for this position
At VMware, we are preparing for the transformation of VMware to an even more customer-centric, cloud-ready company, which has resulted in a newly created and unified Customer Experience and Success Team. This has been as a result of many months of talking to our customers, as well as studying best practices in the software industry. This new organization will help to take VMware to the next level of customer satisfaction and success. This newly formed group has brought together various key functions and roles that are crucial to our customer experience. This includes Customer Success, Global Services, Technical Support, Premier Support, Technical Account Management and Professional Services.
Our goal is to create an integrated and agile team that can deliver a best-in-class customer experience at scale, across our five solution areas. We lead with putting the customer at the center of everything we do. This new organization will be better positioned to transition to proactively and prescriptively guide our customers to value realization outcomes. We will do so through designed and reconciled winning customer experiences. Our team will lead the way servicing our customers programmatically and help scale customer success to do the same. Furthermore, we expect this team and with laser-focused commitment to our customers to help accelerate VMware's evolution to a software-as-a-service company and significantly raise VMware's Net-Promoter Score (NPS).
What is in it for you?
· You'll be a key member of the VMware team that has built a rare business environment -- one of energy, creativity, collegiality and collaboration
· You will join an atmosphere that is fun, casual and inviting. In keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial, start up.
· You will have the opportunity deliver impactful results to the Customer Experience and Success team while building your skillset and experience
- Connect the customer success innovation (Tech Touch and Just in Time Customer Success[JIT]) strategies to operational execution resulting in exceptional delivery of top-line and bottom-line results.
- Lead operational planning for financial targets, people, process, resources, and tooling
- Working with Customer Success leadership, define and execute on Tech Touch customer success strategy (define product to develop adoption strategies, identify and define addressable market, define and program manage in-app experience)
- Define and execute Just in Time Customer Success model (define service delivery, customer experience, repeatable value realization programs, and programmatic customer outcomes)
- Work cross functionally to gain program buy-in and support from key stakeholders across the company; ranging from sales to product owners
- Assure solid execution of the end to end customer success innovation program
- Track, measure, and iterate on the customer success innovation program for areas of improvement
- Develop and lead the scale program to replicate tech touch and just in time customer success strategies across the various businesses at VMware
- Define, track, and measure performance metrics for both Tech Touch and Just in Time Customer Success programs
- Manage and lead Tech Touch and Just in Time Customer Success business planning
- 10+ years scaling a high-growth, customer-centric enterprise solution or SaaS technology managing at-scale teams
- Experience in developing and executing on tech touch and JIT / Low Touch customer success strategies
- Exceptional problem-solving, strategic, and analytical skills combined with excellent business acumen
- Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels to deliver results
- Strong organizational skills, excellent execution, and follow through skills
- Ability to adapt and change with the needs of the organization and business
- Manages confidentiality without exception; demonstrates outstanding judgement
- Role model's VMware's EPIC2 values and leads through our Leadership code
- Enjoys being challenged and stretched and is focused on continuous professional development and career progression
- MBA or graduate degree in management, finance, or related field preferred
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top