Director, Customer Success Delivery Ops & Enablement
Director - Customer Success Delivery Operations & Enablement
At VMware, we are preparing for the transformation of VMware to an even more customer-centric, cloud-ready company, which has resulted in a newly created and unified Customer Experience and Success Team. This has been the result of many months of talking to our customers, as well as studying best practices in the software industry. This new organization will help to take VMware to the next level of customer satisfaction and success.
Our goal is to create an integrated and agile team that can deliver a best-in-class customer experience at scale, across our five solution areas. We lead with putting the customer at the center of everything we do. This new organization will be better positioned to transition to proactively and prescriptively guide our customers to value realization outcomes. We will do so through designed and reconciled winning customer experiences. Our team will lead the way servicing our customers programmatically and help scale customer success to do the same. Furthermore, we expect this team, with laser-focused commitment to our customers, help accelerate VMware's evolution to a software-as-a-service company and significantly raise VMware's Net-Promoter Score (NPS).
What is in it for you?
- You will be a key member of the VMware team that has built a rare business environment -- one of energy, creativity, collegiality and collaboration
- You will join an atmosphere that is fun, casual and inviting. In keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial, start up.
- You will have the opportunity deliver impactful results to the Customer Experience and Success team while building your skillset and experience
The Director of Customer Success Delivery Operations & Enablement reports into the Global Head of Customer Success Strategy and Operations. The mission of this new organization is to design, build and govern the Customer Success practice framework enabling field delivery of our customer's outcomes with consistency, repeatability and for scale.
CS Strategy & Operations Deliverables:
- Robust customer health score
- Consistent and improving metrics: Net Retention, NPS
- Actionable customer success management playbooks and early warning systems
- Impactful enablement for our team, our customers and partners
You will lead designing and implementing the customer success management methodology to standardize and scale the post-sale customer experience, developing thoughtful high-, medium- and low-touch strategies, and implementing retention and health strategies. You will work closely with the Customer Success delivery leaders and partner with the CS Systems & Platform and Customer Insights Leaders.
The ideal candidate lives and breathes process, is an amplifier of customer success best practices, passionate about leading operations teams and enabling customer-facing teams. This leader has the challenge and opportunity to build out new processes and workflows that will make our business run smoother, quicker, and smarter while thriving in a complex environment.
- Leverage external best practices and internal stakeholders to develop and deliver best-in-class customer success management process, systems, data and reporting improvements
- Design, implement and drive customer success management operational model creating simplified mechanisms, standardized playbooks, automated plays and client journeys, early warning system, and measures for the customer success field teams to deliver a proactive and prescriptive experience
- Sponsor customer-centric operational initiatives to maximize focus on customer experience and value realization.
- Lead the Customer Success Delivery Operations and Enablement team, set aligned goals, provide active coaching, support employee development, and progression. Actively provide feedback to motivate and encourage each team member to achieve their greatest potential and demonstrate VMware EPIC2 values.
- Consistent collaboration across internal business operations team to surface customer success data requirements.
- Measure and monitor effectiveness of the customer success practice; drive improvement of operational metrics such as Customer Health, NPS, Customer Risk Management, Customer Success Plan value realization, retention forecasting and product adoption.
- Customer Success expert with proven success in Customer Success operations management in a global fast-growing hybrid SaaS software and technology environment
- 10 years+ professional experience in global s/w or technology brands, with at least 5 years in Customer Success operations management roles. Customer-facing functional management experience an advantage.
- Strong business acumen; a thought-leader in the customer success management space with a strong customer-centric delivery focus, strong program management skills, experience at managing delivery operations and enablement with highly effective stakeholder management skills
- Experience designing and implementing customer success management for consistency, repeatability and scale - including Success Playbooks and Health Scorecards.
- Effective people leader with excellent interpersonal skills, successful at hiring and developing talent, demonstrating the ability to achieve full potential of team members
- Role model's VMware's EPIC2 values and leads through our Leadership code
- Bachelor's degree; further education/qualifications an advantage
- Experience with Gainsight and other CS tools
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top