Director, Azure VMware Solution (AVS) Sales, APJ
- Tokyo, Japan
Director, Azure VMware Solution, Sales, Asia Pacific & Japan
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The VMWare Cloud team is a key growth engine within VMWare and as such we are seeking talented people to join us and bring their cloud selling skills.
This is a key member of our Asia Pacific and Japan Cloud Leadership Team that engages across a matrixed organisation inclusive of multiple cloud SaaS business units and critical supporting functions such as services, engineering, marketing, enablement, professional services in addition to our multi-cloud partner ecosystem. This role requires a strong understanding of complex field organizations across sales, engineering, customer success, and ecosystem partners as well as proven leadership experience, executive presence, and outstanding cross-group collaboration. Prior Azure experience in a leadership position working with or for Microsoft is desirable.
The right knowledge and attitude will drive great success in this role. Are you deeply experienced in helping customers move to the cloud? Are you passionate about phenomenal customer outcomes? Are you curious to find innovative ways to drive outcomes? Are you authentic, hard-working, and transparent? Are you tenacious and determined?
We thrive on building great relationships; truly understanding our customers and building value as we help customers achieve great outcomes. We are passionate about our customers and our team. We're also passionate about culture, diversity, and flexibility because we know this drives high-performing teams who achieve outstanding results.
The successful candidate will be a 'Strategic Doer' with great energy, initiative and leadership qualities that inspire teaming and trust to influence cross functional teams.
We are seeking a dynamic leader with a proven track record of at least 10 years in building, coaching, teams delivering cutting edge cloud or software solutions. The cloud sales team needs someone who truly believes, and can demonstrate they work on behalf of the team. Our customers who are evaluating cutting edge technologies like Azure VMware Solution want to meet with sales teams who are the experts in the space, not just at the art of negotiation, but more importantly the art of discovering and creating value for VMware in the customer's journey
- Accountable for achieving VMware's bookings and revenue consumption targets for Azure VMware Solution in APJ.
- Build and maintain close relationships with Microsoft in the region
- Identify and engage with high propensity customers and partners
- Responsible for the execution and operationalisation of the Azure VMware Solution sales strategy in the APJ Market
- Work in close collaboration with the regional Cloud leadership.
- Collaborate and build tight-knit relationships with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers
- Coach and manage a team of sales specialists and channel personnel.
- Run a weekly forecasting cadence to provide visibility to VMware's leadership of sales pipeline status and plan to achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to achieving targets.
- Be operationally excellent in the day-to-day running of the business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline development, training, certifications, hiring, performance management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice sharing.
- Act as a business partner with corporate functions including: Finance, Deal Desk, Legal Sales Operations, Global Support Services, Renewals and Human Resources.
- We are interested in individuals who embody and can demonstrate our EPIC2 values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community
- Minimum 10 years in managing quota carrying cloud or software sales teams with demonstrated achievements
- Able to work across multi-function/matrix organisation to achieve desired results
- Experience managing quota and delivering forecasts
- Proven ability to coach for both short and long-term results
- Advanced skills in strategic and value selling, including managing six and seven figure transactions
- Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Proven approach to manage both under-performing and high-performing employees.
- Experience in complex sales campaigns involving multiple resources - sales executives, specialists, overlays, field and inside sales teams
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Experience managing complex deal shaping (software, hardware, services, partner, etc.)
- History of strong relationship building with customers and channel partners
- Proven ability to work effectively with and across all levels of business and IT contacts within very large and complex organizations
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team - Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for VMware
- Education/Experience - BA/BS/ BEng degree or higher
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top