Director, AMER Sales Enablement Center of Excellence
- Austin, TX
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Readiness and Customer Education Team (RACE) at VMware is seeking a Director for its AMER Sales Enablement Center of Excellence. This leader will develop the Trusted Advisor status and build credibility of the AMER Sales Enablement COE team to assess sales learning and training requirements needed to achieve the AMER regional/segment sales goals. These requirements will become role based training programs, that will drive content and event design, development and delivery which dramatically impact the ability of the local sales organization to achieve Global and GEO specific priorities. This resource will be instrumental in helping VMware to position itself to provide our customers with the Digital Foundation needed to expand their own business, solving their business challenges.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
To be successful, this person will build a deep understanding of the GEO and Global Sales business strategies and priorities, leverage sales cycle analytics, operational excellence measures and role based competency to recommend, prioritize and build requirements for enablement to drive larger deals, more complex selling motions and strong customer satisfaction. To be effective, you will lead a team that will own local stakeholder engagement, gathering requirements and then delivering global and local enablement content through competency programs and enablement events that are impactful and engaging training resulting in higher sales productivity.
Reporting to the Global Sales Enablement Centre of Excellence Leader, this role requires strong stakeholder engagement skills as you will be the primary enablement business partner for the Americas Sales Leadership team. You will need to assess the local sales business, and translate requirements into tangible results that will help enable the field to be as productive, educated, and prepared to meet the sales strategies and directions set by its leadership teams. The ideal candidate will be a senior level leader with deep experience in technology sales or a strong track record of sales enablement impact; mixed with demonstrable experience in coaching, sales methodology, sales operations and enablement program creation and execution.
While understanding sales strategies and translating that into a needs analysis to create and execute in-region enablement programs are the primary functions for this role, it is expected you will contribute to a global/local approach of standardization where possible, with customization to meet local needs as necessary. You will work also on varied strategic projects, build a deep understanding of local sales requirements, remain agile in approach while building consistency in planning and operations, and work on global cross-functional teams to ensure all activities, regional programs, and events are relevant and impactful to the local geography sales teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of local sales strategies, and global sales requirements to build requirements for and deliver training and enablement programs to sales team (Account Executives across Inside Sales, Private Sector, Government, Education, Healthcare, and Canada) including; sales skills, operations excellence, first line sales manager training, solutions selling and product knowledge.
- Use sales business analytics from Salesforce.com and operations with regards to pipeline management, forecasting, account management and related sales skills to analyse sales behaviour, cross-reference with sales competency to identify and recommend enablement programs which address strategic priorities before there is an issue in the field with achievement
- Leverage your relationship building, stakeholder management and influencing skills to become a trusted advisor to Sales Leaders and Sales Strategy, Planning and Operations leaders in the GEO
- Build requirements for content, be a SME for the GEO on content, leveraging your knowledge of our Sales Methodology (VMware Selling) and Sales strategy to ensure content is impactful and relevant
- Be a conduit of GEO requirements for sales operations tools adoption, sales enablement skills programs, and competency standardization by role
- Develop competency based enablement program guides & awareness campaigns to drive local adoption of Enablement programs; using metrics to show impact and value to the business
- Own and deliver local Enablement Events including leading design requirements, developing deal and peer reviews, first line sales manager activities, and local cross-sales roles events and bootcamps in addition to partnering on Worldwide Sales Kickoff as the GEO enablement lead
- Partner with global and local Enablement, Marketing and Communications teams team to help develop and maintain sales awareness and content for sales enablement programs
- 10+ years of experience in sales, preferably in sales enablement, sales management or operations
- Strong communications, change management and stakeholder engagement success
- Ability to be effective and impactful in a matrixed organization
- Ability to lead a team and influence executive leadership across functions
- Strong sales domain knowledge and broad experience building relationships
- Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse region, preferably across multiple languages
- Experience with sales enablement concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent program management, project management skills and communications skills.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters Degree preferred
- Some in region travel will be required
Home Office - Anywhere in the United States
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top