- Bangalore, India
We are the global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. We accelerates customers' digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are creating exceptional experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
CMBU Production Engineering team is engaged with Service/Site Reliability of CMBU SaaS. We are centralized Production Engineering team of CMBU, responsible for delivering operational efficiency through day zero integration of Service Reliability best practices, influencing service design, guiding teams on service resiliency, developing and maintaining a resilient infrastructure for meeting SLAs.
As a member of this team, you will be an integral member of the SRE team. Your opportunities:
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability, management, and visibility of CMBU services.
- You will be responsible for communicating to management the operational status of the environments including performance, capacity, availability, failure rates, and other performance metrics.
- You will take part in the on-call rotation for these and other critical systems. You will be driven to make on-call one of the best parts of the job.
- Contribute/Develop tools for metrics gathering, introspection, monitoring and orchestration.
A good programming (development) background and understanding of System administration is a must, and specific experience with Linux operating systems, Kubernetes, AWS and Docker are required. To be successful, you will need a strong technical orientation; be a creative problem solver, solving operational challenges through automation; be motivated to advance in the field; and work well in a team-oriented environment. We are looking for highly passionate engineers who have a strong self-directed work ethic, a nimble mindset, and a strong personal ownership of system quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Key team member of geographically-distributed SRE team, geared to operationalize, containerized enterprise class SaaS product on public cloud.
- Involve in service design discussions and influence design in terms of best practices around service monitoring and resiliency.
- Ability to analyze and optimize performance in high-traffic Internet applications
- Experience with Java application servers and JVM configuration
- Understanding of Infra as code and methods of implementation.
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code using Test Driven Design
- Design and develop solutions around measuring effective SLAs Work with VMware InfoSec team on security aspects of Kubernetes, docker and AWS
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results and set priorities independently
- Background with Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Proficient in at least one programming language Go Lang, Java, Python, Node js, C++
- Proficient in at least one - Terraform, Ansible, Python
- Familiarity with at least one micro-services development framework, eg spring boot, DropWizard, etc.
- Knowledge of Linux Systems Admin at Minimum
- Knowledge in DevOps, DevSecOps, Compliance and Audit of SaaS services
- 4+ Years of experience in similar role
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring technologies such as Nagios, log insight, DataDog, Wavefront, Splunk, vROps, AppDynamics, etc.
- Experience in designing and maintaining cloud-based solution with AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be able to work effectively as part of a project/ program team and foster team cooperation.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work in team environment, while being self-directed, proactive and action oriented.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top