Devops, Senior Manager – Blockchain Engineering
- Palo Alto, CA
VMware blockchain is seeking a Senior Engineering Devops Manager who is passionate about providing a world class engineering environment for our global engineering teams. This individual is responsible for the VMware Blockchain Engineering Environment, tools, and processes including SaaS deployment pipelines to support a multisite global product team. The individual must be highly knowledgeable with hands on skills in engineering pipelines through to deployment as well as a proven people manager that will lead the CI/CD team. The engineering environment includes engineering, test, release, automation, labs, analytics, security, and deployment. This is a force multiplier role and impacts the productivity of the whole product team, all the way to the customer.
At VMware, we are fundamentally building the Enterprise Blockchain with innovation, enterprise-grade capability, and solutions that will power blockchain in every market sector. The VMware Blockchain solution is deeply engrained with unique technical innovation as well as ensuring it meets enterprise product needs for real world Blockchain applications.
VMware's blockchain platform is a multi-cloud, multi-blockchain hybrid SaaS solution. Our team works on cutting edge technology to deliver improved management and security tools for our own blockchain environment as well as others from across the industry. You will work with a team of talented and supportive individuals from across the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware's Research Group in this role.
- Be a combination of a highly-technical hands-on leader and an effective people manager.
- Skilled in engineering tools and methodologies and can perform the tasks required of a tools and deployment engineer.
- Represent CI/CD in discussions and can independently lead and direct projects.
- Accountable for delivering the engineering to production environment that improves engineering productivity, consistency, and quality with an integrated framework that is scalable, robust, and well- documented.
- Support the Blockchain team in the management of the engineering environment including development, build, test, and release, and deployment and multiple complex projects that can touch any or all of the following: product lifecycle, development, code submission, branching, merging, source code control and health, build, compile, test, release, open source / 3rd party code, security, IP protection, deployment and sustaining.
- Define, develop, and manage the complete CI/CD engineering environment, all the way through working with customers and the System Test and SRE team in both on-premise and SaaS deployments.
- Proven track record for completing complex cross-functional projects in the cloud (AWS) utilizing an Infrastructure-as-Code mindset.
- 5+ years experience in Continuous Delivery at various stages of the pipeline using modern deployment frameworks (Gitlab//Jenkins) in an agile environment.
- Drives the evaluation and implementation of new versions and capabilities of tools and technologies and facilitates their adoption
- Define and articulate best practices and design for engineering tools to improve quality and productivity including user requirement definition and prioritization as well as usability.
- Ad hoc troubleshooting of engineering, test, and release tools and support triaging efforts related to code management and release.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security
- Architect, develop, and manage the next generation of Blockchain's CI/CD infrastructure
- Work with engineering teams on integrating test automation frameworks into continuous integration test system
- Participate with engineering, test, system engineering, architecture, and management to establish a clear engineering environment improvements roadmap
Who you are:
- Self Starter - Thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Strong collaboration skills with a "Team First" mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you do.
- "Growth" mindset in tackle problems and creating great solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10+ years experience in an equivalent role
- Experience in a fast paced multiple product environment and is motivated in their own delivery of quality in everything that they do.
- Passionate about CI/CD (infrastructure as code) and enjoys the kind of work that is constantly changing, knows how to manage their time and commitments, excels at executing detailed and complex projects, and quickly learns and internalize an end to end engineering environment.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top