DevOps Engineer | VMC on AWS
- Palo Alto, CA
MTS-3, Developer Productivity, VMC on AWS
At VMWare, we're on a mission to help our half million enterprise customers to develop and implement a hybrid cloud strategy that protects their existing investments and leverage the public cloud. As part of this transition VMWare internally is re-inventing itself to a SaaS model from a traditional shrink-wrap model. We are looking for passionate and experienced CI / CD Automation Engineers to join our team to enhance and optimize the current continuous integration and deployment infrastructure. You will create, enhance and promote tools and frameworks that will help build, deploy, configure and test releases in a consistent, repeatable and scalable fashion. You will own and operate tools that support multiple clouds and those which will directly impact and improve developer productivity. Our goal is to protect the customer experience and deliver outstanding levels of availability with fast turnaround for feature rollouts.
If you are a Software Engineer with 5 or more years of professional experience, you have experience with AWS and CI / CD tools and your first instinct is always to automate and measure results, we should talk!
- As part of a team you will design, develop, and maintain a scalable multi cloud CI/CD pipelines.
Understand overall virtualization platform architecture in AWS and design best of class solutions that fit the SaaS offering.
- Continuously improve CI/CD pipeline, tools, processes and procedures.
- Contribute to design of the next-generation tools and systems relating to Developer Productivity.
- Collaborate continuously with the product development teams to implement CI/CD pipeline.
- Contribute to the subject matter on Developer Productivity best practices.
Perform analysis of best practices and emerging concepts in DevOps, Infrastructure Automation.
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions on the best practices and supported tools and its processes for CI/CD
- 3+ years of commercial software development experience.
- Strong scripting skills (Java or Python) is a must.
Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, Maven, Gradle
- Hands-on working experience in developing or deploying microservices is a must.
- Hands-on working experience of AWS or Other cloud infrastructure is a must.
- Experience with containerized applications (Docker preferred) is a must
- 2+ years of experience with CI tools such as GitLab CI or Jenkins implementing CI pipeline as code.
2+ years of experience in design and implementation of automation (tooling, testing, build & release).
- Experience with a modern source code control system (ex, Gitlab, GitHub).
- Knowledge about microservices hosted in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP preferred).
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.
- Experience investigating, analyzing and troubleshooting large scale enterprise systems.
Experience and exposure with managing and scaling 24/7 enterprise level applications.
- Hands-on working experience of automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications (Kubernetes) is a must.
Experienced developing flexible, stable, and scalable large-scale systems is a must.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and good understanding of the best practices for building, testing, deploying and monitoring software
- MS/bachelor's degree in computer science (or higher) and equivalent work experience
- Deep understanding of Docker and Kubernetes is a highly desirable
- Experience working with secrets service (Vault, or Keys management system) is highly desirable.
- Experience with monitoring system such as Prometheus, Grafana, or related is a huge plus.
Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent self-starter, team player and Go-Getter.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top