DevOps Engineer, Engineering Services Team
- Yerevan, Armenia
VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software, is seeking Engineer with large scale distributed systems expertise for the VMware Cloud Management's Engineering Services team.
The Cloud Management group charter is to create platform, products and cloud services that deliver availability, performance, capacity and cost management of hybrid environments running anything from traditional to cloud-native workloads. The Cloud Management platform is the underlying infrastructure that provides stats collection, event handling and health management of objects. The Cloud Management SaaS and on-prem solutions rely on the Cloud Management platform to allow customers to do intelligent operations management, increase velocity by optimizing applications, decrease downtime, and radically reduce time to resolve issues. They are rapidly redefining metrics monitoring for the next generation of hybrid architectures by using a massively scalable approach that provides real-time processing of high-frequency system measurements.
This is an exciting area to work with multiple products and services in the pipeline in fast-paced work culture. You will play a key role in building and operating the real-time data collection/processing and visualization system. Does working on cutting-edge enterprise products and services that solve large, real-world distributed systems problems and delivering them on a daring schedule motivate you? Then this job is for You!
As part of the VMware Cloud Management Engineering Services team, you will work on full-time basis with the team of Engineers, developing required tools for validating products and services both from end-to-end and scale/performance perspectives. You will work as well on developing a pipeline facilitating the overall software development processes enabling true continuous integration and continuous development. As a member of our team you will work closely with developers and PMs to deliver quality releases.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Define customer use-cases and validate the best user experience for them
- Automation: Develop and deploy software that will help to drive improvements towards the observability, reliability, scalability and resiliency of products and cloud services
- Advocate and implement reliable and resilient design patterns
- Work closely with developers to resolve issues and reproduce software defects against possible regressions caused by products development
- As a passionate quality guard, your role will be to guarantee the positive outcome of automation via minimizing the risk of regressions
- Design, build and maintain the continuous integration / continuous development infrastructure to deliver enterprise products and cloud services
- Work closely with different VMware R&D and Engineering Services teams including offshore ones
- Take initiative to improve products, services and processes, come up with solutions for improvements towards global company goals
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Experience in Java and/or python programming languages (other programming languages are OK, but should be comfortable to switch to Java)
- Operational experience with Git/P4, Jenkins, Ant/Maven and other industry standard tools/technologies used in software development
- Experience with Java application servers and JVM configuration is highly desirable
- Ability to analyze and optimize performance of large scale distributed systems is a preference
- Knowledge to build and administer VMs and Containers using tools such as Docker or Kubernetes is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud architecture reliability, resiliency, scaling and management principles and experience working with AWS, GCE or Azure cloud infrastructures is highly appreciated
- Familiarity with logging and infrastructure/application monitoring technologies is beneficial
- Hands-on experience in VMware products installation and configuration is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long-term incentives.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Work-life balance - 20 calendar days paid vacation, 5 days company paid sick leave, regular team buildings and celebrations.
- All VMware people and all applicants for employment will be treated fairly and given equal opportunity in all aspects of employment including compensation and benefits, irrespective of their race, color, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability or ethnic origin.
This position is eligible for JoinTeamTanzu referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top