- Pune, India
Carbon Black is now part of VMware.As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growingCarbon Black Cloudplatform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black's success
VMware Carbon Black team is seeking for a strong Devops Engineer for working on building Automated Deployments and Continuous Delivery Practices of a massive scale, distributed system that allows businesses to manage edge gateways and devices in the internet of things space. You will closely work with Developers, QEs and Product managers to deliver highly customizable release pipelines.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Build highly scalable and customizable Release Pipe-lines with Self Service models in SaaS and On-Prem models
• Build and Maintain the Cluster of CI/CD tools on Lab Infrastructure on VMware Server Virtualization and Cloud Platforms
• Maintain or customize comprehensive build scripts of a diverse Eco system involving Product developed on - Java, Python, C++, Node JS stacks
• Use Available Plug-ins or Develop new hooks for the CI/CD tools like Jenkins that integrates with various build, test and deployment tools
• Analyze & Design the Deployment Automation Procedures by working with various Technical Departments
• Reuse or Develop Deployment hooks to various Unit and Integration Test Tools and help with unified Reporting and Results of
• Analyze and troubleshoot complex issues in distributed systems inhouse as well as in customer environments.
• 10 years +' work experience in product development/deployments.
• Deep Expertise with various Open Source and Commercial Dev(ops) tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, git, reviewboards, IBM, or Microsoft ALM tools
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent commercial tools
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
• Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
• A working understanding of code and script using one or more languages like PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service•
• Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Motivated and self-driven - Find problems to solve. Solve them.
• Familiarity with one of the major server virtualization platforms (preferably VMware ESXi/vSphere) is a plus.
JoinCarbonBlackPune referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top