DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer
- Yerevan, Armenia
VMware Inc., a pioneer in virtualization software, is seeking DevOps/ Site Reliability Engineer with large scale distributed systems expertise for the VMware Cloud Management's Engineering Services team.
The Cloud Management group charter is to create platform, products and cloud services that deliver automation, availability, performance, capacity and cost management of hybrid environments running anything from traditional to cloud-native workloads. The Cloud Management SaaS and on-prem solutions allow customers to do intelligent operations management, increase velocity by optimizing applications, decrease downtime, and radically reduce time to resolve issues. They are rapidly redefining metrics monitoring for the next generation of hybrid architectures by using a massively scalable approach that provides real-time processing of high-frequency system measurements.
This is an exciting area to work with multiple products and services in the pipeline in fast-paced work culture. You will play a key role in building and operating the real-time data collection/processing and visualization systems.
Does working on cutting-edge enterprise products and services that solve large, real-world distributed systems problems and delivering them on a daring schedule motivate you? Then this job is for You!
As part of the VMware Cloud Management Engineering Services team, you will work on full-time basis with the team of Engineers, developing and deploying software that will help drive improvements towards the availability, management, and visibility of VMware cloud services. You will also work on developing a pipeline facilitating the overall software development processes enabling true continuous integration and continuous development. You will take part in the on-call rotation for critical systems. You will contribute to the development of tools for metrics gathering, introspection, monitoring and orchestration. You may as well work on developing required tools for validating cloud services both from end-to-end and scale/performance perspectives. As a member of our team you will work closely with developers and PMs to deliver quality releases.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Automaiton, automation, automation!
- Develop and deploy software that will help drive improvements towards the availability, management, and visibility of VMware cloud services
- Advocate and implement reliable and resilient design patterns
- Work closely with developers to resolve issues and reproduce software defects against possible regressions
- Take initiative to improve products, services and processes, come up with solutions for improvements towards global company goals
- As a passionate quality guard, your role will be to guarantee the positive outcome of automation via minimizing the risk of regressions
- Work closely with different R&D and Engineering Services teams including offshore ones
- Experience deploying and maintaining production services using container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Operational experience with Git, Jenkins, Ant/Maven and other industry standard tools/technologies used in software development
- A deep and abiding love of Linux or a respectful hatred for it. Either way, you'll need to be able to sed/awk/grep like a pro.
- Experience in Java and/or python programming languages
- Hands-on experience with NoSQL technologies (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, etc.) and/or search-based datastores and libraries (Lucene, Solr, etc.)
- Experience with at least one cross-platform configuration management and/or orchestration tool such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Packer and Terraform
- Knowledge of cloud architecture security, scaling, reliability, resiliency and management principles and experience working with AWS, GCE or Azure cloud infrastructures
- Ability to analyze and optimize performance in large scale distributed systems and in high-traffic Internet applications
- Experience with Java application servers and JVM configuration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun.
Additionally, we would like:
- Familiarity with logging and infrastructure/application monitoring technologies
- Hands-on experience in VMware products installation and configuration
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme and additional long-term incentives.
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, opportunity to work with international teams of IT professionals.
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical insurance program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication.
- Work-life balance - 20 working days paid vacation, 5 days company paid sick leave, regular team buildings and celebrations.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. VMware is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to increasing diversity in our workplace.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top