Developer and App Platform Software Engineer
- Bogota, Colombia
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering, and you love solving problems and learning new things. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You want to be a part of a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers' business objectives.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
The Software Delivery program is a group of teams who are focused on providing an efficient, automated delivery experience for all MAPBU teams, while also supplying customers with a trusted location for sourcing secure, compliant, and verified Tanzu software. We balance our Product Team's need to ship quickly, with our customer's need for secure, compliant, and verified software.
As a developer you know how frustrating it can be to spend months developing something only to wait weeks to see it land in production. You are keen to help visualize the hurdles that block an application getting to production through new development, partner tool integration all with the goal of speeding up this path to production in a customer complaint process.Tanzu Application Service - Tanzu Application Service provides businesses a platform to dramatically improve operator efficiency and developer productivity with respect to the applications they develop. This enables our customers' development and IT operations teams to spend more time writing code, spend less time on mundane tasks and focus on activities that drive business value - building and deploying great software.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- You use test driven development to create a high level of confidence in the quality of code that you ship.
- You design with an eye on modularity, seeking to be able to replace an integration easily
- You can communicate and collaborate with product and design in your development and you are constructive in sharing your opinions
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the Engineering team , you will:
- Help frame and design the architecture of the system
- Research what partner products are in this space
- Discover emerging technologies and assess fit
- Work off a backlog that you discuss as a team each week
- Test drive your code and use Continuous Integration to feel confident in your changes
- Demonstrate your design principles in how you structure and write your code
- Provide feedback to your peers on their code and collaborate on building out your features
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The hiring manager for this role is an Engineering Manager or a Senior Engineering Manager who is keen to share the specifics of their program with you.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
• Generous Time Off Programs
• 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
• Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
• Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
• Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
This position is eligible for TanzuChallenge referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top