Deal Manager with German
The Deal Management Team (DMT) is a dynamic team established to support standard as well as highly negotiated, unique or strategic software contracts (Enterprise License Agreements) from inception of a sales opportunity to booking. The team will be skilled and knowledgeable in a variety of areas including deal modelling, revenue recognition and commercial contract structure. As the DMT manager you will engage with our EMEA Mgt team to build and promote the DMT model and brand, partner with Sales, Legal and Commercial Solutions to establish best practice for EMEA aligned with our Corporate DMT initiatives. The DMT Manager role is an individual contributor role.
- Trusted partner and advisor to the EMEA Mgt team in relation to assigned sales opportunities
- Collaborate and partner with Legal Dept to continue DMT/Legal Engagement model
- Responsible for identifying contractual risks and suggesting alternatives that lead to the best solution for both VMware and its customers.
- Follow internal business processes to solution and seek appropriate guidance/approvals to resolve situations that deviate from standard process or fallbacks.
- Participate in customer communications to deliver optimal solutions
- Continuous review of DMT workloads to maximize efficient utilization of DMT resources
- Be a strategic advisor for Sales and the Business
- English and German a must
- Experience in working in a diverse, Multicultural Organization
- Experience in working with or in IT Multinational organisations, Telecoms or Sourcing/Procurement
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to exercise good judgement whilst juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interpret information from multiple disciplines including revenue recognition, legal and sales
Allocating decision-making and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Planning and Organizing
Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top