Data Center Operations Project Coordinator
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
You will be part of a team that acts as an interface between the Real Estate Team, Networking, Audio Visual, IT Operation and Monitoring Teams to standardize processes and procedures and maintain an adequate operating environment for services.
Job Role and Responsibilities
You will be involved in leading overall activities of Data Center Operations support and maintenance of global MDF/IDF rooms. In addition, you will coordinate activities which span across Data Centers, IT focused projects and Real Estate & Workplace (REW) related projects. We are seeking a standout colleague that has superb communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent follow through.
Insights into your role.
Your role is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of services to our VMware colleagues as well as working with IT and REW teams to review and manage MDF/IDF standards and capacity for related projects. Your organization acts as an interface between REW, Networking, Audio Visual, IT Operations and Security Teams to standardize processes and procedures to maintain a reliable operating environment.
- You will be responsible for delivering complex cross functional projects on time and within budget.
- You will meet (and collaborate) with key partners to review project objectives and develop solutions to achieve shared business goals.
- You will be responsible for developing full-scale plans and associated documentation.
- You will foster a mindset which encourages clear communication across multiple sites and functional areas.
- You will have good technical skills, along with a good foundation in project management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in IT related area.
- 2+ years of experience delivering complex Data Center and IT projects or equivalent.
- 5+ years of Data Center Operations experience or equivalent.
- Experience with planning and management of power, space and cooling resources for a Data Center or computer lab.
- Is familiar with the best practices in cable installation and management.
- Experience in planning, building and maintaining complex IT environments.
- Good working knowledge of network, storage and compute technologies.
- Proven experience jointly delivering projects within the Facilities domain.
- The ability to participate in both domestic and International travel with overnight stays.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top