Data Center Operations Engineer
- Beijing, China
Data Center Operations team members interact with Lab customers and Finance, Facilities (REW), Networking and Logistics business partners to provide installation, moves, additions and changes to racks and cabinets, servers, storage arrays, network hardware, power distribution units, consoles and network cabling.
We are seeking a Datacenter Operations Engineer with self-motivated and strong teamwork skill. The engineer will work closely with team members to provide day to day support China and APAC datacenters. You will participate in many DC/MDF/IDF build-out, relocation and remediation projects. In addition, proactively learn and understand Datacenter and IT infrastructure technologies with VMware platform adoption and standardization.
- Work within IT LABs and datacenters for equipment installation, deployment, move, change, cabling, decommission and disposal.
- Provide day to day operation and technical support of server/network/storage to customers.
- Manage procurement, shipping and receiving of IT equipment and peripherals.
- Asset management of the IT equipment.
- Conduct regular pre-checks and audits on all IT equipment.
- Take ownership of customer issues and be timely in follow-up on all details of any outstanding items
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent
- Fresh graduate or engineer with 1-2 years of experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Familiar with IT hardware
- Experience with technical support of datacenter server/network/storage
- Highly competent in technical background in data center infrastructure, operating systems, server deployment, system administration
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Express ideas and points of view in written documents in a clear, well-structured, and concise manner
- Understanding of virtualization and VMware products is a bonus
- Energetic, self-motivated, dedicated and excellent team player
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top