Data & Analytics Architect
- Tokyo, Japan
Pivotal's Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile and lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, and infrastructure with organizations' core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the world's most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions, and are committed to open source and open standards.
Pivotal Sales has a unique opportunity to help some of the biggest brands in major industries create new digital experiences and rediscover the power of software by using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Pivotal Labs, and Pivotal Data. Our team is growing exponentially as we are seeing a huge increase in demand from clients who are transforming their software delivery capability and building cloud-native applications to drive customer engagemen
The Senior Platform Architect is responsible for providing deep technical and business expertise with regards to the Pivotal products as well as have the capabilities to install, connect, and use these products. The individual will interface directly with customers and sales representatives during the sales and delivery process as well as collaborate with Product Management as a field representative on the development of products and enhancements.
For this role, technical emphasis is on Big Data, In Memory Systems and Advanced Analytics, but with an expectation that the successful candidate will expand his/her skills into the Cloud-relate domains as these Platforms are enabled there.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a difference in a growing and well-funded start-up!
- Present Pivotal vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management/contributors
- Provide expert technical support for customer opportunities and projects and be able to qualify prospects both technically and from a business driver perspective. This includes identification of key stakeholders, value propositions, compelling events and economic buyers.
- Assist the sales team to develop and implement specific account penetration strategies and produce account specific product and service and sales plans.
- Conduct research and use knowledge of competitive solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections to Pivotal solutions
- Develop relationships with the sales team, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives
- Train the sales team on product technology and engage and leverages corporate resources as appropriate
- Plan and execute technical sales calls and present product demos
- Combine Pivotal software and Open Source Software hardware to create "Industry Best Practices Architectures".
- Configure and document Pivotal software, hardware and service solutions to meet customer and sales objectives
- Conduct pre-sales POCs involving applications and solutions. This will involve installing Pivotal products and many times, integrating other products with that install to showcase the technology
- Evangelize the value of Pivotal products in architectures and deployments.
- Work alongside Data Scientists and other consultants on client projects, as appropriate.
- Able to take on a delivery role as necessary, and work with Partner delivery teams
- Native level of Japanese and business level of English
- 7+ years of experience in technology related work, including roles such as architect, pre-sales engineer and/or customer-facing consultant
- Deep hands-on experience with Big Data enterprise software and an ability to connect with customers as a solution consultant
- Deep hands on knowledge of MPP Databases and the competitive landscape
- Experience with In Memory Data Grid technologies - particularly GemFire.
- Java development experience preferred.
- Strong programming / scripting background
- Experience with technologies such as Kafka, Storm, Spring XD preferred
- Hands on experience with Data Visualization Tools and Analytics Solutions
- Experience with Hadoop would be advantageous
- Proven ability to demonstrate technology solutions in an enterprise customer environment to prove out a solution or validate a technical concept
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality, not afraid to take on hard technical challenges
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', uncover business challenges, and offer/architect a custom to solve those challenges
- Accomplished presenter of sales and technical material to both small and large groups; ability to present impromptu and via a whiteboard is desirable
- Excellent communication skills; strong listening and question based selling skills; strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- A bachelor's or advanced degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top