The Customer Success Manager serves as trusted advisor, driving a cross-functional, unified customer experience for our customers during their transformational journey with VMWare. As such, this is a is a critical role in delivering the Success360 offering for enterprise customer by enabling customers to rapidly and successfully onboard, adopt our advanced products and technology and realize business value. This role will manage up to 10 customer accounts at a time.
- Partner with customers to define desired business outcomes, focusing on maximizing value realization across the VMware portfolio
- Develop joint Success Plan with customer, and align with Success pathway for customer to realize outcomes and activate capabilities delivered
- Support customer in achieving onboarding and activation milestones and in driving product consumption
- Establish ongoing cadence for account meetings, and orchestrate internal progress toward achieving key milestones
- Guiding customer along success pathways, and recommend accelerators where needed
- Consolidate customer insights across the account to measure value realized, and track milestone achievement
- Proactively monitor customer health, identify expansion opportunities and mitigate renewal risk
- Manage incident and account escalations, engaging and aligning appropriate resources to drive toward resolution
- Anticipate future customer needs and proactively reach out to resources at VMware to address them
- Advocate internally at VMware to influence decisions on behalf of the customer
- Grow relationship with customer from client to advocate, and support advocacy efforts on behalf of VMware
- 5+ years of customer success experience with a proven track record of successfully managing complex customer relationship in technology
- Broad technical knowledge of VMware solutions and IT architecture
- Robust inter-personal skills and ability to build relationships with internal and client stakeholders (including business and up to C-suite)
- Ability to develop business cases that outline value to customers
- Problem solving skills and ability to proactively anticipate future customer actions and deploy VMware resources to meet needs
- Proven record of driving issues to resolution with great customer satisfaction
- Ability to manage multiple customer accounts, projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience in change management, decision making, planning, and process/business transformation
- Previous customer success experience in a SaaS organization
- Previous working experience with Gainsight and Salesforce
FOR COLORADO BASED CANDIDATES:
The hiring range for this position is typically $122,000.00- $152,000.00. Actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/ . *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968.
Our people transform the impossible into the essential. We challenge the status quo by inventing better ways of doing things. Our culture is one of possibilities. Where everyone is empowered to achieve success on their own terms. And together, we are crafting the future of business in a digital world.
At VMware, we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html . We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture - people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.