- Austin, TX
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware is looking for a top-rate attorney to join its Commercial Legal Team. This position will be based in Bellevue, WA, Broomfield, CO, or Austin, TX. Our legal department is full of legal innovators who are energetic, smart and business-minded on the professional front, and genuinely good people on the personal front. We love to add attorneys who maintain the highest business and professional standards and who aren't afraid to bring their true selves to work each day.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements, including software licensing, professional services, and SaaS.
- Assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- Act as a fiduciary for the company, driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities, including providing training and counseling to sales professionals and coordinating with other groups within the VMware Legal Department on compliance matters.
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
- 8+ years of transactional legal experience with big law firm or in-house global enterprise company.
- Experience in SaaS transactions with a company of similar size and scale to VMware.
- You are an excellent negotiator who knows how to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear.
- You are a practical and proactive problem solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident and calm under fire.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment and get the right things done.
- You have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are honest and nice.
- JD from an accredited US law school.
- Member of a State Bar and in good standing.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top