Consulting Architect, NEMEA - VCF
- Staines, United Kingdom
As a Consulting Architect, you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers' business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of a project. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the consulting team you lead, and drive a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the VMware technology stack and of 3rd party integrated products. In addition to customer facing delivery, Consulting Architects also provide key input to pre-sales on complex multi-discipline bids and drive best practices.
VMware PSO is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for the global leader in cloud infrastructure and virtualization solutions
- You will take ownership of business outcomes of projects, lead technical project teams and take accountability for all project deliverables.
- Contribute to strategic plan working with sales, pre-sales and the customer to build out a delivery roadmap.
- Holds primary responsibility for gathering and vetting customer requirements to create an architectural design consisting of virtual infrastructure, configuration recommendations and planning, and identification of deployment validation processes and procedures.
- Articulate solution design, integrating both technical and business concepts, and present a transformational journey to project stakeholders.
- Work with Project Managers to create project plans with realistic work stream timelines.
- Work closely with Project and Program management to delivery an outcome
- Manages technical governance for the end to end solution
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high and low-level enterprise designs while functioning as a resource for "Best Practices" and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- As a Cloud Automation subject matter expert, you will be required to gather use case requirements for, and create, test and release high quality vRealize private cloud, VMC on AWS hybrid cloud and PKS container solutions according to Agile or Waterfall methodologies
- Defines work packages, dependencies and scheduling with PM
- Understands wider technical landscape and how it relates to/integrates with customers environment, AWS, Azure etc.
- Drives adoption and consumption of services and identifies further use cases
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a Professional Services architect or consultant.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Must have VMware domain knowledge across 2 core domains (vSphere, NSX,vSAN)
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to communicate complex technical topics to a technical and non-technical audience.
- An active listener with excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with an ability to utilises different styles of questioning techniques and manage conflict in order to achieve a resolution.
- Multiple years of actively delivering IT automation / scripted infrastructure projects ideally based on VMware technologies.
- Expertise on VMware Virtual Infrastructure Deployment, Management & Administration: vSphere/vCenter is a strict minimum, vRealize Operations Manager, SRM, vCloud Director, vRealize Automation Center, vRealize Orchestrator
- Familiarity with modern IT infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network and IT Security) and hosting operation
Certifications and Education
- Currently holds the VCP 5.x and / or 6.x certification and ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications.
- Industry certifications from vendors such as AWS, Dell, TOGAF, K8, Google and Microsoft
Desirable skills and experience
- A broad range of vSphere and NSX or vRealize design experience in medium to large environments
- Enterprise experience with DevOps tools (Ansible, Git, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins)
- Experience with another orchestrator (HP OO, MS System Center Orchestrator, Cisco Tidal Enterprise Orchestrator, BMC Atrium Orchestrator) are considered a plus
- Experience in Operation management methods and products are considered a plus as well
- Cross Operating System knowledge, getting at least administrator experience in both Linux and Windows world .net, java or equivalent development language experience.
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies such as DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Lean.
- Project governance experience and familiarity with PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Practical knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let's shape the future of what's next together.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top