The Worldwide Consulting Centers (WWCC), which are part of the global VMware Professional Services Organization, are committed to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The WWCC streamlines the journey for customers to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and employees. Under the new VMware SDDC Modernization offering, the WWCC delivers high volume assessment and migration engagements.
The Senior Consultant is an advanced level technology specialist and subject matter expert, providing customer guidance by facilitating technical workshops, creation of low-level designs and implementation of use cases into high-quality solutions. In addition to customer facing responsibilities, Senior Consultants also provide technical input to service offering evaluation, customer success initiative, pre-sales and drive best practices in the form of white paper creation.
VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest VMware product franchise technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey. We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
Work for VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure & digital workspace technology, accelerates digital transformation for evolving IT environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware pre-sales architects, engineers, product management, consulting, and support staff.
- Work as part of a wider project team or independently act as technical lead on migration engagements
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of low-level designs while functioning as an advisory resource for "Best Practices" and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Develop use cases into high-quality solutions in your specialist area
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
- Take ownership and accountability for individual deliverables.
- Define project requirements/issues/constraints with PMs.
- Make accurate impact assessments, and raise, implement, close down and roll-back plans when required
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product portfolio and future product direction and expert level knowledge of the virtual cloud networking franchise product lines, which include NSX, advance load balancer, vRNI, HCX and SDWAN.
- NSX-V to NSX-T migration
- Assist in the development of our service offerings as well as developing migration content, best practices, and white papers.
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Understand and articulate the impact of network virtualization and security to a customer's physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
- Plan and lead virtualized network infrastructure migration engagements, implementations, roll-outs and migrations, including hands-on implementation of NSX.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
- Preferably candidate should have 8+ years of professional experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer-facing positions as a consultant, preferably within a system integrator, consulting organization or IT provider.
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- An active listener with excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills with an ability to read complex customer situations and adapt as needed.
Certification and Education
- Preferably Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- VCIP-NV, VCAP-DCV, CCIE, CCNP or similar required. Ideally you hold a VCIX-NV or CCIE certification.
Desirable skills and experience
- Migration skills: NSX-V to NSX-T, migrating from Non-VMware platforms to VMware Platforms
- Experience in delivering engagements under PRINCE2, PMP or TOGAF frameworks
- Understanding of ITIL framework
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let's shape the future of what's next together.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.