Consultant, Hong Kong
- Tung Chung, Hong Kong SAR China
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their IT strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning software defined datacenter. The PSO Organization includes Consulting Services, Project Management, Education Services and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
The role of the Consulting team is to provide specialist guidance to our enterprise customers on how best to design, implement and integrate VMware technology. The emphasis of the role changes depending on the Consultant level but is largely focused on; customer facing delivery (70%), IP and best practice creation (20%) and presales support (10%).
Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
• Maintain your knowledge of the core VMware product line as well as your specialist area (End User Computing, SDDC, Cloud, Software defined Network or Enterprise Management) especially on WorkspaceONE UEM (Airwatch) and other device management tools
• Deep understanding of mobile device communication, platforms and web application infrastructure is highly preferred
• Experience with Mobile Device Management software, Application Federation with SAML and OAUTH, Virtual Desktop technologies and server configuration is highly preferred
• Independently conduct and manage engagements with our Enterprise customers
• Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
• Work with and support the VMware services sales teams
• Experience with the evaluation, design, and upgrading of several technologies used to create, manage, update, monitor, and report on Infrastructure configurations.
• Significant work experience involving technical consulting, systems development, systems deployment and a proven record of delivering business value.
• Industry leading depth knowledge of subject area, and have demonstrated analysis and communication skills connecting technology and business problems.
• Strong technical writing skills to support required documentation and Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top