Consultant, Digital Workspace | Atlanta, GA (Onsite at WWCC)
- Atlanta, GA
Location: Role is based in Atlanta, GA onsite at VMware's Worldwide Consulting Center
Before you apply, ask yourself...
- Do you live in/near Atlanta, GA?
- Are you proficient with VMware Workspace ONE? Horizon/VDI? IDM?
- Do you have 3+ years' experience in Software Consulting?
- Do you "live and breathe" Device/Mobility and Identity Management?
- Do you already have your VMware VCP Certification (or could you get it within the next 90 days)?
- Do you have proven customer-facing experience with large/enterprise clients?
Consultant - Digital Workspace
The Consultant must be a Digital Workspace technology specialist and subject matter expert able to provide customer guidance by contributing to technical workshops, low-level designs, and implementation of use cases into high-quality solutions. As a member of the Delivery Specialist team, Consultants must have broad awareness of VMware's portfolio (extending to both product and services) coupled with the ability to identify opportunities for upselling whilst in delivery.
Organization Insights: Worldwide Consulting Center (WWCC)
The Delivery Specialist team at the Worldwide Consulting Center (WWCC) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy by ensuring that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution. VMware Professional Services is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other. We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
- Collaborate with cross-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware pre-sales architects, engineers, product management and support staff.
- Work as part of a wider project team or on consulting engagements
- Contribute to low-level designs while functioning as an advisory resource for "Best Practices" and driving adoption of VMware solutions.
- Develop use cases into high-quality solutions in your specialist area
- Stay within the scope of the contracted work and meet the deadlines for both time and materials or fixed scope engagements. Take ownership and accountability for individual deliverables.
- Discusses project matters with Project Managers, logs support calls and interface with Support
- Contribute details to and successfully execute change requests and rollback plans when required demonstrating a good understanding of Change Management processes
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and advanced level knowledge of the core VMware product line and your specialist area
- Assist in the development of our consulting service offerings as well as developing white papers and best practices
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Must have proven experience and proficiency with Digital Workspace including Workspace ONE (WS1), VDI, IDM
- 3+ years' experience in Software Consulting (NOTE: 5+ years ideal )
- 3 years' experience MINIMUM in a customer-facing role such as a Professional Services consultant.
- Horizon/VDI experience is a plus
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well publicly and provide ideas, concepts and accurate information to internal and external customers in a pro-active, clear and concise way.
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Technologies covering Networking, SQL Databases, Windows / Linux Servers, Email Servers, Directory Services, Web Servers, and API Integrations.
- Mobile Device Management (VMware Workspace ONE/Good/XenApp)
- Strong Technical understanding in the following:
- End User Operating Systems - Win10, Mac OS, Chrome, Linux, IOS, Android
- Enterprise Mobility/Unified Endpoint management platforms
- Identity Management and Access platforms
- Cloud Hosting platforms - AWS, Azure, SoftLayer, VMC, VCF
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of presenting at a user group, trade show or similar is highly desirable
- Solid understanding of REST APIs and datacenter automation.
- 3rd party Certifications that demonstrate technical domain knowledge (Citrix, Mobile Iron, Microsoft, Ivanti, JAMF, SOTI, AWS)
- Server configuration: Windows Server 2016 / 2012R2 / 2012 / 2008, Linux Forms (Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat, OpenSUSE), Web server platforms (IIS, Apache).
- Database configuration: SQL Server 2016 / 2014 / 2012 / 2008R2.
- Scripting languages, particularly PowerShell.
Education & Certifications
- Bachelor's degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Currently holds VMware Desktop & Mobility VCP 6.x / 7.x / 2019 certification and ideally holds VMware VCAP/VCIX certifications
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
At VMware we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture - people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Apply Now - Let's shape the future of what's next together.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top