1. Role Purpose:
An Associate Consultant is an innovative, results-focused individual who will be engaged in the Professional Services team in the delivery of projects that help enhance our customers business based around VMware's product suites, specifically in the virtualisation and Cloud space.
The Associate Consultant is responsible for taking an active role in the delivery of the projects ranging from plan, design, build and deliver through to solution generation and implementation of unsolved problems in the cloud era.
2. Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
· Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration and implementation of VMware products and technologies
· Architecting and design enterprise level IT architectural solutions utilising VMware's core virtualisation and cloud offerings
· Plan, Design, Build & Deliver core infrastructure solutions
· A sound, constructive and understanding approach to client problems, aiming to be seen as a trusted advisor
· An innovative approach to solving client problems for the betterment of the client and the advancements of VMware
· Adhering to time, cost and quality constraints of each project
· Contributing to the progression of the Professional Services team by sharing IP, advising best practices and delivering the best possible solutions
· Build and maintain the confidence of colleagues and customers
· Achieving productive and billable utilisation targets
3. Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Role Specific Technical Skills:
· Sound understanding of solution generation and implementation within the IT architecture space
· Experience in Plan, Design, Build & Deliver of core infrastructure solutions
· Excellent technical documentation skills
· Demonstrable experience with VMware's products (VMware ESX, vCenter, SRM, vROPS, vRA) within modern IT production data centres and infrastructure environments
· Windows Server Operating system knowledge
· Network and Storage design and implementation
· Familiar with systems management concepts, processes & standards, capacity/performance management & tuning, and storage & network management.
· 1-2 years of experience in a client facing, technical or consulting role
· BS or equivalent
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
· Is personable and well presented
· Is political/social astuteness aware (read the non-verbal's)
· Ability to speak and present to both business and technical audiences
· Motivated, driven individual
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top