Commercial Solutions Engineer
Work Here. Transform Everywhere.
VMware software powers the world's complex digital infrastructure. You may be thinking that VMware is a company that is all about virtualization; while we are still the market leaders in this platform with over 90% of corporate workload, VMware provides software that build, run, manage, connect and protect any app on any cloud and any device.
Insights to your role- Solution Consultant
Are you interested in shaping the future of our customer's technology strategy, architecture, and roadmap? Do you want to be make a difference?
In short, it is the person who has the responsibility of working with our clients/customers, to understand their business imperative and technical requirements, and then to build out innovative and differentiated solutions and architecture that will help these organizations drive business outcomes.
Your Experience. Required Skills
- VMware Solutions Engineer (SE) is an experienced SE who works closely with the sales team, commercial territory manager and partner business manager to identify, develop, accelerate and win opportunities.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of VMware solutions and their appropriate industries in order to drive synergy and maintain credibility with prospective clients.
- Perform and support tasks such as technical sales calls, presentations, proof-of-concepts, capacity planning and technical ROI models.
- Ability to effectively present to customers via remote conferencing technologies such as Zoom / InExpo
In addition to the above there are some skills and abilities that would really help you be successful. These are:
- Passion - Passionate about technology and how it is changing the worldfor the better,be it cyber-security,Kubernetes container technology, cloud computing, application development platform and end-user computing.
- Creative Problem Solver - Creativity is an important part to the success of the role, you must enjoy difficult challenges and know how to think out-of-the-box to formulate the best outcome for the customer.
- Post-Sales - Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition. Also support one-to-many sales and marketing events on-site and remotely.
- Communication Skills - Being an excellent communicator with both business and technical people is an essential skill for the role, while working independently and participate in the sales processes.
- Passionate about customer success - helping customers to succeed and solving their problems is where you need to strive in, when customers are successful, we are successful, and you will do your utmost best in your capacity to help them realize their goals in the organization.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent, other background can be considered
- Relevant experience / certifications in security, applications development, devops, cloud, storage, networking CCNP R&S/CCIE, applications will be considered
- Technically sound and able to quickly grasp the architectural concepts (e.g., datacenter technologies, networking, application devops, kubernetes)
- Demonstrates 3-4 successful initiatives/engagements leading small teams on small-mid-sized deals
- Proficiency in English as the main language is mandatory.
- Preferred Vietnamese speaking.
- Previous experience in working with channel partners on solution delivery advantageous
Things like our developer platforms on Kubernetes (in fact 2 of the three founders of Kubernetes now work for VMware!), capabilities like our digital workspace which is transforming organizations employee experience for some of the biggest companies in the world, leveraging intrinsic security to secure your applications and data, or our more cutting edge cloud management and virtual networking capabilities which is bringing the cloud into everyone's private data centre.
You may also be surprised to learn that we are one of Amazon Web Services (AWS) biggest partners and are key development partners with the likes of Microsoft, Google and SAP. We work with over 4,000 other VMware Cloud partners from the very big to the boutique.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top