Commercial Solutions Engineer
- Ponca City, OK
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, collaboration, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Expectations and Tasks
· VMware Solutions Engineer (SE) is an experienced SE who works closely with the sales team, commercial territory manager and partner business manager to identify, develop, accelerate and win opportunities.
· Demonstrate deep understanding of VMware solutions and their appropriate industries in order to drive synergy and maintain credibility with prospective clients.
· Perform and support tasks such as technical sales calls, presentations, proof-of-concepts, capacity planning and technical ROI models.
· Ability to effectively present to customers via remote conferencing technologies such as Zoom / InExpo
Qualities You Need to Have
· Memorable Presenter - Prepare and deliver value-based software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales acceleration. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation.
· Creative Problem Solver - Creativity is an important part to the success of the role, you must enjoy difficult challenges and know how to think out-of-the-box to formulate the best outcome for the customer.
· Post-Sales - Provide limited post-sale support to key customers primarily to the project/implementation team to ensure a smooth transition. Also support one-to-many sales and marketing events on-site and remotely.
· Communication Skills - Being an excellent communicator with both business and technical people is an essential skill for the role, while working independently and participate in the sales processes.
· Passionate about customer success - helping customers to succeed and solving their problems is where you need to strive in, when customers are successful, we are successful, and you will do your utmost best in your capacity to help them realize their goals in the organization.
Work Experience / Education / Certifications / Qualifications
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent, other background can be considered
· At least 5 or more years' experience in Pre-Sales Organization in the software industry
· Relevant experience / certifications in applications, cloud, storage, networking CCNP R&S/CCIE, applications will be considered
· Technically sound and able to quickly grasp the architectural concepts (e.g., datacenter technologies, networking, application devops, kubernetes)
· Demonstrates 3-4 successful engagements leading small teams on small-mid-sized deals
· Proficiency in English as the main language is mandatory, additional proficiency in one of the following language Bahasa language are advantageous.
· Previous experience in working with channel partners on solution delivery advantageous
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top