Commercial Business Executive (C2) Emerging Africa (based in South Africa)
- Johannesburg, South Africa
The Territory Executive (TE) is an exciting senior sales position responsible for developing and closing large, "strategic sales" opportunities within what we term Emerging Africa (currently Angola, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Madagascar, Mauritius and Seychelles), a region of the sub Saharan Africa Commercial (General) Business sales territory. While also ensuring a high level of run-rate business. The TE's mission is to solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to be a more strategic partner in the customer's business. The TE will be fully responsible for selling the complete VMware solution, products and services into large C2 accounts.
There will be a revenue quota for the territory - as such, the Territory Executive will be expected to develop, build and manage a virtual team associated with the defined territory. This would typically include the C1 Territory Account Executive (who is responsible for a limited set of focus customer accounts in the territory), Partner Business Manager (PBM), Sales Specialists, pooled Solution Engineers, and Marketing.
The TE will therefore be expected to implement a plan to achieve both large deals and run-rate goals. This plan will include maximizing sales and alignment coverage, partner mapping and PBM engagement - as well as identifying the routes to market for the strategic sales opportunities within the territory.
• Own and exceed the Commercial (General) Business revenue quota, including strategic deals. This includes accurately forecasting sales within the territory. Provide forecasting and updated account/opportunity detail in Salesforce.com
• Engage directly with the end customer during the sales cycle. Understanding and establishing relationships with key contacts within the customers and relevant partners
• Able to sell VMware solution as a 'platform' within an account and change the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a 'cost burden' to a strategic deployment
• Match the VMware solution to the customer's business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
• Execute solution selling to existing customer base and new prospects
• Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while managing a diverse set of partners within the same accounts
• Solid industry background with strong industry experience in IT infrastructure or software sales; proven track record of over achieving sales goals
• Expertise in channel and direct sales
• Strong acumen for detailing the business benefits of the sometimes quite technical VMware solutions
• Ability to work as part of an extended team
• Ability to articulate complex technical ideas and strategies
• Adept in managing multiple opportunities simultaneously
• Ability to articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure long-term commitments
• Skilled in thinking strategically and tactically
• Ability to forecast opportunities accurately
• Ability to drive revenue growth via channels at aggressive rates
• Great relationship skills, tenacity, resilience and inter-personal skills
• Strong knowledge of consultative selling that gets results
• High energy, motivated self-starter
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, including the ability to effectively present to both technical and executive audiences
• Focus on results with ability to follow through
• Good attention to detail
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top