CloudHealth - Staff Engineer, (Microservices UI)
- Boston, MA
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers' most challenging business needs. As a contributor in our Engineering/product organization, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant and direct impact on our platform and products, in addition to solving some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
Our microservices engineering team is responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of common services for our new platform. The CloudHealth platform manages data from multiple cloud providers in support of our 10,000+ customers. Our microservices team is developing a scalable platform to be consumed by our customers, partners, integrators, and CloudHealth feature engineering teams.
This team is leveraging the latest technologies to build reusable core services that must be secure, scalable, reliable, available, and performant. If you are great at solving scale and resiliency problems in a rapidly expanding 24/7 SaaS environment and thrive on the challenges of developing microservices and a new User Interface service, this is the team for you.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Leadership, Product Management, Architects, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD and Test environment, taking full ownership of your features from inception to deployment and beyond
- Contribute to relevant open source projects.
Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team's goals.
- A sense of humor (Non-negotiable). We work too hard to not have fun and celebrate individual/team/company accomplishments.
- 7+ years of commercial software development experience.
- 1+ years building or using cloud services in a production environment
An understanding of team and individual goals and are motivated to accomplish them.
- Developing multi-tenant SaaS Applications with Java/Scala/Ruby
- Experience leveraging UI frameworks to build out enterprise application, with advanced data/service integration and state management in the client
- Developing software using a microservices architecture, with knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes, in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Solving complex technical problems that involve researching multiple solutions, rapid prototyping, and then making the appropriate trade-offs.
We are already interested but would love experience with:
- Developing modern user interfaces leveraging React, Apollo, or Material UI
- Knowledge of creating and accessing GraphQL API interfaces
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top