CloudHealth - Member of Technical Staff
- Boston, MA
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers' most challenging business needs. As a Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to make significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and tackle some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
Why we are Excited about YOU:
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You want to successfully drive definition, architecture, and timely delivery of software in an Agile environment. You're excited by Data Analysis, Systems Management, Cloud Computing, and the customer experience in everything you construct. You're looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers' business objectives.
· Collaborate with the Executive Team, Product Management, Architects, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault tolerant SaaS platform.
· INNOVATE every day.
· Produce software designs to support long term maintainability and extensibility of code.
· Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI and Test environment.
· Contribute to relevant open source projects
· Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team
· Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team's goals
· Obsess over QUALITY in the product you create, and the code you write
· Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them
· A sense of humor (Non-negotiable). We work too hard to not have fun and celebrate individual/team/company accomplishments.
· 1 - 5 year(s) of relevant work experience in software development
· Strong conceptual knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
· Experience working with two or more of the following areas: Distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, developing large software systems, web application development, RESTful APIs and SDKs, database management, understanding of AWS, Azure, or GCP, Cloud Security.
· An interest in Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
· Understand why comparative analysis is key to continuous improvement, innovation, quality, and success.
· BS Degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
We're already intrigued, but wouldn't mind experience with:
· Ruby/JRuby, Scala
· React or Angular
· Kubernetes and Docker
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top