Cloud Software Engineer, VMware Cloud on AWS
Are you passionate about hands on design and development of backend services? Are you inspired by innovation? It's this combination of gusto and analytical skills we need. If you have experience in driving a project/product to completion & further supporting it in production for multiple releases, then you are invited to apply.
This is an opportunity for working on the new Software Defined Data Center as a Service (SDDCaaS) offering. Our vision is to expand our well-established Availability capabilities in On-Prem Data Center to the Cloud. You'll be part of a bright engineering team that is working on a state of the art Cloud features like Multi-AZ, Elastic Clusters, Globally Available Services, etc.
VMware SDDCaaS enables customers to rapidly spin up cloud-hosted, enterprise-grade and secure data centers that are operationally consistent with vSphere-based private clouds. With the same architecture on-premises and in the cloud, IT teams can now realize the value of the hybrid cloud.
- You master the entire life-cycle including research, design, application and deployment architecture, development, testing (dev owns quality), continuous deployment and continuous delivery up until to production.
- You will develop complex, highly available, distributed, cloud-based solutions, and maintain its high level of quality software.
- Monitor resource allocation, consumption, and performance.
- Engage in service software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Challenge you to walk in a different path and to deliver quickly while maintaining a high quality
- Deep understanding of object-oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Proven background in fundamentals of computer science and development process.
- Experience in one or more of: Java, C++, Python, Go.
- Experience with web services (rest, soap, Wsdl, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing).
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with SaaS development and CI/CD tools.
- Experience in crafting, analyzing and operating large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience with container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Docker Native Orchestration, Mesos, Docker Swarm)
- Familiarity with running web services at scale.
- Exposure to building and monitoring cloud based services.
- Experience with public clouds (AWS, GCP).
- Operational experience with networking (WAN or LAN) and an understanding of network theory
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top