Cloud Services Technical Manager
Posting TitleCloud Services Technical Security Manager
As Technical Security Manager for Cloud Services, you will drive the advancement of security for VMware's Cloud Services. There are several cloud services currently offered by VMware, and you will be responsible for partnering with the various leaders and stakeholders across the various cloud services as well as your counterparts within the Information Security organization to enhance and automate security and compliance requirements. You will help coordinate with Security Architecture, Engineering, Vuln Mgmt, and Security Operations to enhance our overall security posture in the cloud and shape the evolution of the Cloud Services Security function defining templates, scripts, and other automation capabilities to help VMware offer secure services at scale.
This position will be located at our Palo Alto (CA), Broomfield (CO), Dallas (TX), or Boston (MA) locations.
Job Description: Cloud Services Technical Security Manager will report to the Head of Cloud Security.
- Drive continuous improvement of services security based on latest technologies and the evolving threat landscape
- Strong technical acumen to write cloud security requirements as code
- Establish trusted relationships and liaise with management and product teams across the company to optimize Cloud Security requirements at scale.
- Work effectively as part of a geographically distributed team
- 5+ years of experience in Security with a focus on execution
- Technical ability to ensure good security architecture
- Technical ability to write scripts to automate validation of infrastructure security
- Strong knowledge of security of public IaaS offerings (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of cloud services and the security processes used to support them
- Capable of working cooperatively with a leadership team working in a challenging, dynamic and global environment.
- Experienced in meeting goals in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing needs
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively work with all stakeholders and customers to improve data and business processes and to negotiate priorities.
- Information Security Certifications such as CISM or CISSP
- Bachelor's Degree or related industry (or equivalent experience)
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top