Cloud Services Platform Senior Java Developer
- Sofia, Bulgaria
VMware Cloud Services Platform (CSP) is looking for a talented professional who shares our passion for technology, innovation, learning, and excellence to help us build and operate a world-class SaaS platform.
The Cloud Services Platform (CSP) R&D group charter is to implement the cloud runtime platform that enables VMware to deliver Software-as-a-Service, and service providers to customize, extend and monetize cloud services. This is an exciting area that crosses multiple domains of expertise.
Our group, which operates similarly to a startup within the larger organization, is breaking new ground within the cloud arena and uses modern technologies such as Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, micro-services architectures and more. As a member of our team, you will master the entire application life-cycle. This includes areas like microservices architecture, continuous delivery, automation testing (dev owns quality) and live monitoring of the system.
As our future colleague in the CSP team you will be responsible for the entire life-cycle of the core SaaS service platform within VMware:
- Design, implement and operate the next generation VMware's SaaS
- Demonstrate a full competency and comprehensive knowledge of one or more technical fields
- Design solutions to large complex features/problems involving other more junior team member
- Take decisions impacting larger organization
- Perform analysis and design of one or more difficult projects, having significant latitude in performing technical work
- Develop innovative ideas and solutions for projects
- Identify issues and critically evaluates implications of ideas or solutions
- Perform analysis of a complex workload and initiates solutions
- Have in-depth and/or breadth knowledge of components of a project and involved with design and implementation
- Have distinguishing technical expertise
- Demonstrate influence within your area of expertise
- Provide direction and mentorship to other team members
- Lead group in improving experimental methodology, and researches industry standards and works to implement them
- Promote collaboration and learning culture
- Generate ideas to reduce cost, improve quality and / or gain process efficiencies
- On-Call Availability in case of emergency (sporadically)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience as a software developer in Java or another statically-typed object-oriented language
- Good understanding of basic computer network concepts
- General programming knowledge - data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc
- Practical experience with working in Linux based environments
- Experience with programming against relational and/or non-relational databased
- Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Unit and Integration Testing, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration, Domain Driven Design, and Dependency Management
- Willingness to work without close supervision and with a dedicated daring attitude
- Willingness to learn other programming languages
- Excellent communication skills and fluent English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Have a minimum of 5 years of related experience
You have extensive development experience with good taste in design and can provide architectural and modeling vision and hands-on technical leadership to a team. Past experience in large scale application design and development is critical. Designing for richness, flexibility, preciseness, performance, reliability, and scalability is critical.
If working on large real-world problems, anticipating future customer requirements and delivering them on an aggressive schedule motivates you, then this job is for you.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long-term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company-sponsored medical program, food, and beverage program, sports activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, team buildings and celebrations All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
- As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.
- All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top