Cloud Provider Sales Specialist
- Toronto, Canada
Job Description Position: Cloud Provider Sales
Posting Title: Cloud Provider Sales Specialist
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC).
Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 20,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list.
The VMware Cloud Sales Specialist is responsible for exceeding revenue and Bookings goals for a select group of Strategic Managed VMware Cloud Provider accounts. Focus will be on developing eStaff relationships and driving top-down sponsorship and alignment for strategic initiatives that will drive new and improved revenue streams, incremental VMware product/services adoption and mutual business growth globally.
The Cloud Sales Specialist will be responsible for selling TO, THROUGH and WITH the select list of strategic Cloud Providers by creating, executing and leading the strategic account plan working closely with all functional extended teams across VMware including solutions engineering, cloud practice, business units, marketing and extended sales Teams. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled at translating strategic objectives into a clearly defined, executable joint business plans, have considerable solution and consultative sales experience and proven success with Cloud Providers/MSPs and/or strategic enterprise/global accounts.
- Create and execute of an effective strategic business plan that will drive product/services adoption, partner Go To Market Readiness and synergistic joint sales engagements amongst VMware and assigned Cloud providers ultimately exceeding goals.
- Accurate and timely forecasting and internal account updates and communications
- Build and leverage an effective executive call strategy and communications cadence to drive top-down sponsorship that will result in an effective joint business plan amongst assigned Cloud Providers
- Engage and leverage extended Teams within Solutions Engineering, Cloud Practice, Business Units, Sales Specialists, marketing and Sales Operations all to support the strategic and joint business plan/s
- Ensure effective communications and engagement cadence amongst key stakeholders (internally and externally) for optimal account management and business/project velocity
- Engage customer sales, pre-sales engineering and marketing Teams with consistent cadence to grow and convert pipeline opportunities (Sell Through)
- Manage and drive customer technical support escalations effectively
- Provide guidance to extended sales Team to drive effective Sell WITH synergies
- Proper and effective escalation of critical Customer issues.
- Work with and leverage VMware 'Aggregators' supporting the VMware Service Providers.
- Leveraging of VMware legal and business leadership resources to negotiate contracts as needed.
- Responsible for achieving/exceeding all assigned sales goals and MBO's.
- Typically up to 50% travel time is expected, however, due to the pandemic challenges, travel is expected within reason.
- Minimum of 5 years (preferred) of solution and consultative sales experience in large accounts, preferably with cloud providers/MSPs
- Proven ability to develop, grow and maintain eStaff relationships for top down sponsorship and strategic alignment
- Solid understanding of scope and experience in selling TO, THROUGH and WITH Partner Customers to develop a strategic alliance
- Exhibits exceptional sales and business acumen, credibility and presence to enable effective relationship building, influencing and instilling confidence at all business levels
- Proven success in exceeding quarterly and annual revenue and bookings goals
- Ability to leverage a matrixed organization of extended resources to execute the strategic business plan synergistically
- Excellent communication and presentation skills demonstrating executive presence
- Knows how to leverage broad and diverse Teams
- Ability to navigate through and solve for complex business problems
- High comfort level with complex cloud technology, solutions and concepts
- High levels of energy, drive and commitment, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experiences with Managed Service Providers, Professional Services a plus.
- Strong business acumen and financial modeling experience.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Deep understanding of Cloud Computing and all the XaaS offerings in market
- Proficiency in data analysis with tools like Excel, Tableau and others.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top