Cloud Performance Engineer - (Cloud Management)
- Palo Alto, CA
Business Summary: Cloud Management
VMware's Cloud Management Business Unit is looking for a Cloud Automation Engineer to play a pivotal role in advancing team's SRE endeavors. Cloud Management Business Unit is a catalyst to VMware's portfolio of cloud services. This transformation to cloud is turning out to be an exciting journey and we are looking to build a solid SRE team with focus on various production engineering aspects like Performance, CICD, Monitoring, Infrastructure etc. This team will be responsible for taking SaaS service to production from inception, while providing performance insights in to these services running on AWS cloud.
Job Role and Responsibility:
Be part of the team to transform billion-dollar revenue generating CMBU products in to SaaS offering in AWS. This is an outstanding opportunity for you to participate in the creation of our next generation products using innovative technologies for a large application domain, working in cross-team and cross-geo environment.
A close-knit, but growing team of engineers who are all eager to take on big challenges. We have the luxury to use the latest cutting-edge technologies like Java 9, Spring 5, Kubernetes, Go, AWS cloud services, Terraform, Packer and Wavefront monitoring. We strive to maintain a great work-life balance on our team and to promote an atmosphere of learning from each other. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we'd love to hear from you.
- Background with Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Inclinations to work in site reliability and production engineering
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming skills, i.e. Java, Python, Golang
- Strong understanding of computer system and networking
- Familiarity with Linux Systems
- Contribute towards development efforts of common tools and frameworks
- Strong knowledge of performance engineering
- Strong inclination towards automation, and automate everything mindset
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automation server like Jenkins
- Familiarity with platforms like Kubernetes, Containers and public clouds
- Familiarity with deployment and monitoring of highly scalable products in a SaaS model
- Familiarity with SRE best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus
- Develop AWS infrastructure automation using Terraform, Packer and Ansible for performance and scale setups
- Familiarity with scripting (Python, Groovy, Shell)
- AWS or other cloud certification is a plus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top