Cloud Native Architect
• Have knowledge and experience with architecture of enterprise or cloud scale applications
• Experience of whiteboarding complex concepts to a technical & business audience
• Knowledge of Agile & Lean methodologies and how they contrast with legacy practices
• Have an ability to collaborate and work interactively with our clients to ensure their successful deployment of VMWare technology
• Are technically curious with the appetite to learn and master emerging technologies
• Are coachable and willing to learn in order to adapt to a changing environment
There is a paradigm shift towards cloud-native technologies and methodologies calling for new capabilities. This initiative focuses on uplifting the Cloud Native Ecosystem in Singapore and enabling our enterprise customers in Singapore and the regional economies.
• Provide technical direction for the development, design of Cloud Native architectures, standards, design, and implementation approaches and systems integration for client engagement and product/solution development from definition phase through implementation.
• Demonstrate leadership in IT management by producing strategic and innovative concept proposals, papers, and speaking at conferences.
• Easily recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
• Communicate and enforce best practices for building and running applications on VMWare Tanzu
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Manages client interactions and expectations regarding architectures.
Required Skills / Experiences
• Experienced Software Enterprise Architect with demonstrated skills in designing PaaS solutions, enterprise middleware, and Java Spring microservices based mission-critical applications
• Understands complex enterprise, cloud-based concepts and effectively employs different design techniques.
• Experience with more than one relational database management system.
• Understands the benefits and ideal uses of various programming languages.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
• Willing to travel and work on-site with customers and partners
Desired Skills / Experiences
• 4+ years of experience as an enterprise architect.
• Experience with various public clouds would be an advantage
• Experience with Kubernetes would be an advantage
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top