- Mumbai, India
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today.
This position is an integral part of the Professional Services team responsible for defining technology and services solutions for VMware's enterprise clients. This individual will work directly with customers to architect and implement VMware products and services within the customer's environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent technical credentials, a friendly consultative approach to solving complex IT challenges and the ability to help customers deliver on critical business needs.
As a VMware Consultant/Senior Consultant specializing in Network and Security, the individual will have extensive experience with enterprise networking technologies. Previous experience with VMware NSX is not necessary, however the individual must demonstrate an enthusiasm and drive for self-development and to become a highly regarded team member.
- Delivering Software Defined Data Centre (SDDC) engagements to VMware customers, with a focus on the use of VMware virtual networking tools (NSX)
- Automate network implementation, configuration and management
- Deliver high quality results on customer engagements, to drive better outcomes around VMware solutions
- Engage with customers regarding all facets of IT, including facilities, network, security, systems, strategy and business applications teams, as well as service focused teams, such as capacity management, financial management and event management.
- Provision of leadership in the best practice operationalisation and standardisation of VMware products & technologies.
- Delivery of projects in the enterprise space, often independently and with a commitment to high-quality outcomes.
- Documentation of technical best practices for the reuse in other customer engagements, and contribution to the development of standard consulting service offerings
- Maintain and grow PSO's technical and product knowledge through certification or association.
- Maintain a solid understanding of competition across product, technology, applications, sales and strategies.
Education and Experience
- CCNA certification.
- Server, network, storage and virtualisation technologies
- Experience with IT solutions, compute, storage, network theory, design and architecture.
- Good experience with documentation
- Excellent communication and presentation
- Min 5 years in technology roles and/or related experience
- Gathering requirements, leading workshops and driving change within the customer organisation
- Understanding of modern IT data centre practices and IT business operations across the ITIL service lifecycle.
- Exposure to VMware's products (VMware ESX, vCenter, SRM, vCloud Director)
- A VMware VCP (or higher) would be highly regarded
- Designing technical and/or process solutions
- Presenting to and interfacing with management teams
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top