Client Solutions Executive
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Job Description - Client Solutions Executive (based out of Malaysia)
In the Professional Services team, we are responsible for the successful deployment and adoption of VMware software by our Government, Enterprise and Commercial customers across Southeast Asia and Korea, transforming how our customers deliver IT services to their businesses, employees and customers.
We are seeking talented people to join and bring their professional services skills. We grow by truly understanding our clients and generating value for them as we achieve great outcomes.
We are passionate about our customers and our team. We're passionate about culture, diversity and flexibility because we know these drive high-performing teams who achieve outstanding results.
Your success will come from your attitude. Are you passionate about phenomenal customer outcomes? Are you curious to discover innovative ways of working?
You will be creating a positive brand around our solutions and building a strong pipeline in your territory to achieve your revenue targets.
As an overlay sales specialist, you will need to be an excellent teammate as you collaborate with VMware's Customer and Partner organisations to close engagements with new and existing customers.
You're resilient and thrive in new and dynamic environments.
We will benefit from your deep knowledge of the services marketplace, infrastructure and IT environments. Knowledge of commercial models and the VMware partner ecosystem will be important for success in the role, and equally a deep thirst for learning.
Do you want to join one of the world's top software companies and a recognised Great Place to Work? We have the solutions, are passionate about success and nurture extraordinary talent.
VMware consulting services cover the lifecycle of VMware solutions from strategy through design, deployment, upgrade, migration, residency and operations transformation.
The Client Solutions Executive (CSE) is primarily responsible for identifying, developing and closing consulting and TAM services business through the following activities.
- Manage relationships with decision makers in key Government, Enterprise, and/or Commercial accounts
- Develop new business through VMware and industry events, and RFPs
- Gather customers' requirements and understand their goals, objectives, strategies, decision-making and procurement processes
- Position VMware products and services' ability to meet customers' technology and business outcomes
- Responsible for developing value-based propositions, crafting and selling solutions mapped to customer's business outcomes
- Drive pursuit strategies including precise opportunity close plans with the local Account teams, and responsible
- Ensure opportunities are accurately qualified and mapped to customer's budget cycle, aligned with local Account teams and aligned to account plan strategy
- You would work in collaboration with the local Accounts, Advisory, Solutions Architecture, Services Delivery and offshore Proposal Desk teams to develop proposals, align opportunities with account planning, and deliver compelling sales presentations
Planning and Forecasting
- Manage strategic territory and account plans individually and aligned with the product teams
- Develop and accelerate pipeline of opportunities to closure
- Maintain a healthy pipeline to ensure appropriate velocity and coverage to meet quarterly targets for bookings and contract execution.
- Prepare for regular pipeline reviews to ensure you can clearly articulate the health and quality of pipelines, learnings from wins and losses, and escalations for support to improve win rate.
- A seasoned solutions sales professional with a deep understanding of the Government, Enterprise, and/or Commercial environment, and solution selling with the ability to solve customer's business needs through the innovative application of cloud-based business solutions.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, proactive and upbeat, you work as a member of a team and independently, developing long-term strategic and executive level relationships.
- A clear thinker and an effective presenter, communicator and negotiator, you effectively lead the development of customer proposals.
- Broad industry knowledge with a solid understanding of technology platforms and how to design solutions based on VMware's portfolio. Proven experience in driving complex solution sales in a competitive environment with knowledge of AWS, Microsoft, RedHat, and other industry leading cloud-based vendors.
- Must have proven experience in driving complex competitive solution sales scenarios, working in a matrix environment, and leading opportunities to closure.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- You adopt a solutions sales/consultative selling approach to sell business and IT outcomes, calling on your understanding of the VMware product range and services offerings in an industry context.
- You are able to lead the team to generate proposals that are commercially sound, deliverable and compelling.
- You have worked for a services consulting organisation for 5+ years
- You have strong relationships with IT decision makers in Malaysian Government, Enterprise, and/or Commercial accounts
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years in Information Technology, preferably in a consulting/ system integration environments with proven experience in successful solutions selling for delivery projects
- At least 3+ years in an IT sales role, preferably in a direct Consulting/ Services Sales role
- Completed some form of formal solution-based selling methodology training (e.g. Miller Heiman etc)
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture fundamentals, methods and concepts, IT governance, business process management, and IT implementation.
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in business/computing, or equivalent (helpful)
- Additional certification is preferable - Project Management, TOGAF, ITIL Foundation (or Advanced), and COBIT.
- Able to travel up to 20% when required within Malaysia, and to travel occasionally to Asia Pacific and USA
This role will be based out of Malaysia.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on crafting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top