Client Solutions Architect
- Tokyo, Japan
ヴイエムウェアのクライアントソリューションズアーキテクトは,PSOのコンサルタントやTAM,CSE(Client Solutions Executive - サービス営業)あるいはエンタープライズの営業担当と共にエンタープライズ向けのデジタルトランスフォーメーション等コンサルティング営業活動を推進します。
製品を提供するだけでなく,その適切な活用法の相談,技術的な設計支援,あるいはクラウド戦略立案などを行うことで,より多くの価値をお客様に提供していくために生まれた組織が,Professional Services Organization(以下,PSOと省略)です。
VMware Accelerate Team is an investment in our strategic account base to create transformation strategy in strong alignment to their business goals that is actionable, fundable, and measurable. The Client Solutions Architect (CSA) will work closely with our sales teams and other Accelerate program roles to drive enterprise-consulting services sales and is responsible for driving bookings through the VMware field account and services sales teams. The Solution Architect needs to be proficient in all VMware practices and be able to manage all opportunities leading to revenue. Using a Domain Model, you will prepare project proposals which include the business requirements, technical requirements and appropriate solution stating the delivery times and schedules for the design, development and testing of the solution components. Projects could span from 1-week implementation engagements to complex, multi-consultant $1M+ engagements.
In addition to sales and scope management expertise, the solutions architect will need in-depth knowledge surrounding data center technologies. Using this experience and knowledge of VMware's products, you will advise clients on issues related to the solution design and deployment including complexity trade-offs and technical and business process impact.
Expertise in Change Management and Transformation of the full complement of People, Process and Technology is critical to crafting a series of services work streams and work packages aligned to the customer's long term strategy. The workshop, discovery, and playback motion will be executed in conjunction with the Accelerate Program Client Solution Strategist. As a combined team, the CSA devise a complete virtualization strategy for selected customers, inclusive of business alignment (the WHY), future state definition and measurements (the WHAT) and transformation execution (the HOW).
He/She will provide sales support and lead proposal scoping and levels of effort with Practice Managers, Program Engagement Managers (if applicable), Lead Consultants, and applicable delivery consultants in order to produce a quality proposal. The Client Solutions Architect will partners with the field Account Managers to maintain coordinated account selling efforts. The Solution Architect also partners with the assigned TAM to drive follow-on opportunities within active accounts.
The success of a Solution Architect will be measured by his/her bookings performance within his/her assigned territory, as well as an MBO program that is established and measured by his/her manager and respective Director.
Vision Transformation Proposals include creation of the following example work streams:
• Discovery workshop
• Requirement analysis
• Feasibility study
• Technology selection
• Application design and specification
• Systems integration
• Product customizations
• Solution test plan
• Quality assurance
• Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements
• Maintain current and in-depth knowledge of the entire VMware product line
• Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
• Contribute to definition of an Organization Change Management Approach
• Ensure that propositions are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues
• Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment (may include management of subcontractors and partners) Build and maintain ICP engagements on accounts agreed with management within the assigned territory Define, develop and implement actions according to account plans on accounts with account teams Drive business development to support pre-sales activities, with a primary focus on identifying, scoping and proposing services engagements Coordinate sales efforts with delivery management and practice management team Participate in regional marketing events to promote VMware Ensure formal contractual mechanisms (i.e. SOW) are established and maintained within active accounts Develop new business opportunities on focused accounts Deliver accurate weekly bookings forecast within assigned territory Adhere to VMware sales process and methodologies on all opportunity pursuits Participate in account relationship and issue management activities Maintain proficiency in VMware service offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
• Native level of Japanese, business level English
• Minimum 5+ years business development experience in a consulting and/or professional services environment
• 4+ years as a technical solutions architect in a consulting environment, including time supporting sales and managing technical staff and implementations
• At least 3 years experience in infrastructure architecture and design of complex distributed systems environments, including failover techniques, recovery/rollback, and application partitioning
• Experience in a technical lead role for small- or medium-size teams Strong presentation, executive client management and business development skills *Ideally possess at least 3 years of experience in an industry verticals (Telecommunications, Financial Services, Healthcare, etc.)
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We empower our customers by radically simplifying IT through virtualization software with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community - instigators of innovation and transformers of technology - as we envision and create what's next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Ranked on the Forbes 100 Most Innovative Companies in the World list. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Why work for our Division
The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The VMware PSO team includes Implementation/Managed Services, Project/Engagement Management, Education Services, Partner Management and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
PSOJapan referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top