Client Executive - Veteran Affairs
- Reston, VA
Client Executive - Veteran AffairsBusiness Summary:
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
The Federal team within VMware is a high-energy, passionate team of salespeople with a desire to succeed and drive the digital transformation within the Federal sector. You will be part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the opportunity to craft and execute on your business plan through your own efforts and through the management of your matrix sales team.
Job Role and Responsibility:
As a Federal Client Executive for Veteran Affairs, you will be responsible for driving VMware solutions to a defined set of identified Veteran Affairs (VA) Agencies. The ideal candidate would preferably be already working in a similar role, and must have a minimum of 10 years software industry experience, with at least 5+ years of solution sales experience within VA.
Our Client Executive team is made up of passionate and high-reaching sales consultants who are committed to integrating within our customers' business to offer premier VMware solutions to the Federal customer. The Client Executive will be responsible for solution selling by orchestrating and demonstrating VMware's Systems Engineering, Product Specialists, Professional Services, Partner Channel, Inside Sales and other VMware resources to drive net new revenue for the company. VMware has and continues to build a top performing sales team who has the desire and determination to deliver.
- Drive account sales strategy and establish communication cadence with the extended account resources to ensure full engagement and accountability
- Collaborate with Systems Engineering, Inside Sales, Specialists, Professional Services and channel partners
- Ability to build a Collaborative Account Plan (CAP) with the critical stake holders
- Develop and lead a partner strategy by selecting a set of "preferred" partners, developing an account plan that enables channel partners to be an extension of VMware's sales team
- Learn and understand the assigned customer's business model and match the VMware solution to the needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- Strengthen existing relationships within the assigned accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
- Ability to build proposals and communicate the business value and/or return on investment of proposed products and solutions to the customer
- Utilize VMware EPIC2 values (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community) to conduct day to day business
- Accurately forecast bookings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- 8 years of experience selling complex solutions, requiring implementation, integration and Professional Services to execute
- Verifiable experience selling into the Civilian Agencies, Intelligence community, DOD, Federal System Integrator and general Federal contracting knowledge
- Active Secret, TS or TS-SCI clearance - as appropriate
- Experience building demand with cycle times of 6-24 months
- Experience quarterbacking accounts, orchestrating resources and selling solutions to customers
- Experience working with all levels of the sales team, and leadership
- Partner well and are accustomed to working with the channel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Dynamic presentation skills with the ability to translate technical capabilities to business outcomes
- Experience encouraging and leading cross-functional matrixed teams
- Able to effectively conduct quarterly business reviews with key customer and VMW leadership teams
- Strong command skills and experience presenting to and collaborating with C-suite
- Experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
- Experience selling solutions at an enterprise level company
- Self-starter with a high level of energy
"This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware."
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top