Client Executive Federal Civilian (GSA & OPM)
- Virginia Beach, VA
Client Executive, Federal Civilian for GSA and OPM
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
The Civilian team within VMware is a high-energy, passionate team of salespeople with a desire to succeed and drive the digital transformation within the Civilian sector. Although you are an individual contributor within the business, you will be part of a team with a strong identity, and a reputation for a high standard of work and achievement. You will have the opportunity to craft and execute on your business plan through your own efforts and through the management of your matrix sales team.
Job Role and Responsibility
Our Client Executive team is made up of passionate and high-reaching sales consultants who are committed to integrating within our customers' business to offer premier VMware solutions to Civilian Accounts. The Client Executive will be responsible for solution selling by orchestrating and demonstrating VMware's Systems Engineering, Product Specialists, Professional Services, Partner Channel, Inside Sales and other VMware resources to drive net new revenue for the company. VMware has and continues to build a top performing sales team who has the desire and determination to deliver.
• Drive account sales strategy and establish communication cadence with the extended account resources to ensure full engagement and accountability
• Collaborate with Systems Engineering, Inside Sales, Specialists, Professional Services and channel partners
• Develop and lead a partner strategy by selecting a set of "preferred" partners, developing a collaborative account plan that enables channel partners to be an extension of VMware's sales force
• Learn and understand the assigned customer's business model and match the VMware solution to the needs, challenges, and technical requirements
• Strengthen existing relationships within the assigned accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
• Ability to build proposals and communicate the business value and/or return on investment of proposed products and solutions to the customer
• Utilize VMware EPIC2 values (Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, Community) to conduct day to day business
• Accurately forecast bookings on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
• Are you the quarterbacking the account, orchestrating resources and selling solutions to your customers?
• You have at least 5 years of experience selling complex solutions, requiring implementation, integration and Professional Services to execute
• You are a Self-starter with a high energy level and create new and highly effective working models
• You have the ability to work with all levels of individuals
• You hold a strong track record of quota over-achievement
• You partner well and are accustomed to working with the channel
• You pride yourself on being an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
• You are a Dynamic presenter with the ability to translate technical capabilities to business outcomes
• Experience building demand with cycle times of 6-24 months
• Able to work across IT, Ops, Dev/Ops and Line of Business leaders
• You have experience leading cross-functional matrixed teams
• You effectively conduct quarterly business reviews with key customer and VMW leadership teams
• You have a strong command skills and experience presenting to and collaborating with C-suite
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like:
• You have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
• You have sold solutions in an enterprise level company
"This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware."
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top