C/C++ Software Engineer - NSX Data Plane for the ESX hypervisor
- Palo Alto, CA
- Job Description
Engineer will work on NSX Data Plane for the ESX hypervisor. NSX is the flagship Networking and Security product from the Networking and Security Business Unit (NSBU) at VMware. NSX Data plane consists of network virtualization stack, distributed switches, TCP/IP stack, virtual network devices, distributed router etc. We are seeking a software engineer to help define and implement the next generation architecture for the data plan which will be highly scalable and performant. Engineer will be part of a talented, deeply technical and dynamic team.
- Architect, design, develop next generation of Networking paradigms like virtual switches (NSX vswitch, VDS/VSS equivalents), network emulation devices (vmnet3 equivalent), physical nic drivers, network overlay technologies like vxlan, stt and geneve.
- Familiarity with high-end kernel networking sub systems systems such as iptables, socket implementations, firewalls, VPNs.
- Communicate technical dependencies and concerns/issues of implementations.
- Ensure the product/feature works end to end with solid quality and performance.
- Work on solving complex customer issues
Qualifications and Experience
• 3+ Years of Experience
• Excellent knowledge of Networking issues and technologies.
• Excellent knowledge of design and architecture framework for improving scale and performance in constrained environments.
• Excellent debugging skills.
• Extensive experience in software developing in C/C++
• Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better.
BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent required and an advanced degree would be highly desirable
Back to top