Business Solution Strategist
- Moscow, Russia
VMware Advisory is a Global program that collaborates with our major customers to craft creative and trackable transformation strategies. With former CIOs, CTOs and industry consultants in our ranks, we're authorities on uncovering hidden barriers, finding opportunities and formulating meaningful IT transformation plans.
The Business Solution Strategist is a consultative leader within Advisory who works closely with strategic account teams and sales leadership. In this role you'll be driving adoption of VMware solutions into the strategic accounts segment of VMware's business and engaging with Director, VP and C-level executives both internally and externally. You will be providing perspective and mentorship on long-term business/technology strategy, investments and innovation by drawing upon your IT and business management knowledge.
The Advisor is an exciting strategic role which combines the competencies of strategy consulting, deal structuring and project management. You'll lead cross-functional project teams on high-profile engagements, run executive workshops, represent VMware at executive forums, and educate sales teams on strategy standard methodologies and industry trends
Customer advisory and relationship building
- As an Advsor you'll build business relationships with customer executives, both business and technical so that you can map VMware solutions to customer business needs.
- Facilitate executive workshops on business and IT strategy & transformation, operational readiness and change management
- Present the VMware vision, strategy and customer propositions at a broad range of industry events and conferences
Thought leadership and practice development
- Provide thought leadership and orchestrate resources to continuously develop insights and standard methodologies on key topics, like industry/customer research, strategy, transformation, to return on investment & TCO analysis and benchmarking
- Spread the best processes among functions and teams; elevate strategic thought with customers
- Advice VMware account teams on customer business issues and support account planning and execution
- Consistent track record in consultative roles ("trusted advisor")
- Record of building strong customer relationships and ability to have meaningful conversations with C-Level audiences
- Ability to present well in front of large and small audiences; ability to abstract and communicate on complex topics
- Having had a role related to one or several verticals (i.e. manufacturing, automotive)
- Deep understanding of the financial and technical challenges faced with running modern day IT operations at large corporations
- Knowledge in IT-Architectures on the infrastructure and software development side
- Understanding of VMware technology, alternative solutions and the benefits that can be realized through VMware solutions
- Ability to inspire and lead by example
- Flexibility to travel 50% of time, able to perform well in intense conditions
- Business skills (financial accounting, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
- Technical and business writing skills (white papers, competitive responses)
- English at professional level
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top