Business Process Management Lead
- Bengaluru, India
The Business Process Management (BPM) Lead is responsible to discover, model, analyze, measure, improve, optimize, and automate business processes and customer experience by using various industry best practices, tool and methods.
The BPM team leads the efforts to institutionalize process excellence culture and mindset along with delivering process re-engineering, optimization initiatives across VMware. The team works closely with business stakeholders within VMware's core global processes and bespoke local processes.
The BPM Lead should have experience in driving end to end Process Discovery and Improvement engagement with Business Stakeholders. This includes identifying, prioritizing, benchmarking, and implementing process improvement initiatives. The role requires a high degree of cross-functional global interaction demanding excellent communication skills. Should have a strong project management, analytical, communication, influencing and leadership skills to handle a variety of activities and complexities spanning the organization. Must be willing to work at both a tactical and strategic level.
As an ideal candidate you should be proactive, driven, and loves a fast-paced work environment. You should be an innovator, a deep problem solver, a relationship builder, an excellent communicator, and someone who works comfortably with details, without losing sight of the larger business strategy.
- Engage and Manage the Process Improvement charter for the Business Operations teams
- Play the role of a change agent to help institutionalize BPM practices across the organization, constantly seeking, sharing & implementing best practices
- Create a metrics driven culture across the Business function using production management tools and techniques
- Deliver complex re-engineering and simplification / standardization / optimization of identified global cross-functional processes resulting in a significant return on investment for VMware
- Coordinate/ Mentor work effort in partnership with a team of local or remote SMEs (functional / operations) to support the delivery of projects
- Take the lead on selecting an approach to managing issues, risks and requirements while ensuring all stakeholders agree on project scope
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to design the right future-proofed solution to satisfy the business needs.
- Active participation in development of BPM Community and culture through active involvement in a variety of workshops, forums and training sessions related to BPM concepts, tools and practices
- Collaborate with internal process re-engineering teams to ensure commonality of approach, methods and tools and consistency of advice and solutions; Coach project teams on effective usage of appropriate process optimization concepts, (Lean, Six Sigma, Design Thinking etc.,) and achievement of tangible business results
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Operations / Finance / Management; MBA is desirable
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certified from a reputed company
- Expertise in process excellence / optimization disciplines / techniques including Lean / Six Sigma
- Breadth of knowledge of complex Lean Six Sigma tools, methodology
- Experience in, knowledge and understanding of the high technology / software industry business models and core processes
- SaaS Business Process experience
- Domain Expertise in 'Order to Fulfillment' and 'Finance' capabilities
- Should be familiar with BPMN 2.0 standard and are skilled in BPM tools for process discovery and analysis
- Expertise on Process Mining Tools is a plus
- Experience in E2E enterprise level process mapping
Experience & Capabilities
- 10 to 12 years of professional experience driving large, cross-functional and global process re-engineering and improvement initiatives (using lean six sigma principles and concepts) with demonstrable business results
- Experience working on large, global process re-engineering initiatives in large complex global organizations
- Strong facilitation skills and experience in managing senior stakeholder (VP level and up) relationship, partnership and interactions
- Experience directing work efforts in a matrix environment to achieve objectives effectively and efficiently
- Proven experience mentoring and coaching individuals through smaller scale re-engineering projects focused on methodology, structure and engagement
- Past experience of and confident in delivering Lean Six Sigma, kaizen or other process re-engineering training modules e.g., Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt / Green Belt projects
- Strong and open communicator using both verbal and written modes - shares ideas and experiences, drives engagement, actively involves people
- Demonstrated experience to facilitate, influence and lead projects
- Strong influencing skills to understand, identify, manage and resolve conflicts
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top