Business Operations Manager, Americas Professional Services Operations
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
As part of the Americas Professional Services Operations team, the Business Operations Manager will be responsible for end-to-end regional/segment-specific operational support, working with the Sales and Delivery field as well as other leaders across the company to drive bookings, revenue and margin target achievement through a comprehensive, real-time understanding of the business. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Business Operations, the successful candidate will partner with both regional/field leaders and Worldwide Operations teams to provide business intelligence and visibility via comprehensive in-quarter forecasting, out-quarter pipeline/opportunities assessment, trend analysis, commissions/compensation modeling and execution.
- Own and manage all regional forecast analysis, development and submission
- Function as liaison between Sales/Delivery field and offshore operations analysis, supporting complex/non-standard escalations, and ensuring quality and SLAs
- Validate Sales rep commissions and participate in regional quota/compensation modeling
- Function as key point-of-contact for Core License Operations and Sales teams, providing up-to-date regional forecasting and data views
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with regional Sales, Delivery and Delivery Excellence leaders and teams as a strategic business partner
- Act as general point of escalation for the field for any Sales, Delivery Operations or deal issues/challenges
- Work with Worldwide Operations teams on new tool and reporting assessment and development
- Provide regular reporting and dashboards on business performance to senior Geo leadership
- 5-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Proven attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Broad knowledge of Professional Services and the processes, challenges and business context associated with PS, based on experience in a variety of roles/functions
- Knowledge of sales and revenue forecasting processes and approaches
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a larger team
- Ability and willingness to interact with all levels of the organization
- Experience with Tableau, Salesforce, PSA tools, and complex Excel preferred
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Meet Some of VMware Carbon Black's Employees
Stacia T.Regional Sales Engineer
Stacia demonstrates VMware Carbon Black’s technology to prospective customers. Once they’ve signed on, she ensures they know how to use the products and receive all the resources they need.
Back to top