Business Development Representative, EMEA - VeloCloud
- Boston, MA
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to be responsible for pipeline generation for the VMware Velocloud sales team. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by cold-calling and emailing potential customers to schedule initial meetings.
To be successful, you should have previous quota-carrying experience developing leads from marketing campaigns in a fast-paced high-volume (500 MQLs, 50-60 calls daily) environment.
If you are motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a team environment, we'd like to meet you! Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
Job Responsibilities & Key Objectives
- Scheduling meetings with potential clients through cold calls and emails
- Qualifying marketing leads as sales opportunities
- Representing our company well to potential clients
- Meeting and exceeding sales qualified leads quota every month
- Proactively contact potential SD-WAN clients through cold calls and emails
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Identify client needs
- Set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
- Report results weekly to the Business Development Manager
- Native level of English (any additional EU language is a plus)
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as a sales development representative, sales account executive, or similar role in software or technology industry
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Tactful verbal and written communication
- Ability to stay organized communicating with large number of prospects and internal colleagues
Note: This role will cover Europe/Middle East/Africa territory, which means you would be working EMEA hours.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top