- Bangalore, India
VMware is looking for a Business Analyst who is customer-oriented, analytical and self-motivated. VMware has a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment and is looking for driven individuals who can roll up their sleeves in various roles to deliver success!
The successful candidate will be part of the Enterprise Data & Analytics (EDA) team supporting WW Cloud Sales for VMware, responsible for working cross-functionally to deliver business outcomes. The role involves data querying & validation, ad-hoc analyses & data deep dives to deliver new SAP Business Objects/Tableau BI reports, Excel based analyses, PowerPoint presentations to support VMware's Sales Teams.
The role will be responsible for supporting Global teams working with colleagues and stakeholders who are spread across different GEO's such as Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific. The position requires the Lead Business Analyst to be a self-starter with good communication, program management, and analytical skills and to be comfortable working with distributed teams, at all levels of the organization without direct management oversight.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Deliver reporting utilizing our BI tools (including but not limited to SAP BOBJ and Tableau) to successfully transition and transform current state reporting to improved analytic capabilities, effectively drive and improve the self-service model in the business
- Extract data and perform reporting/ad-hoc analyses/deep dives to support the Sales team
- Support end-to-end Business Intelligence lifecycle development processes as needed; which includes, but is not limited to capture business requirement definitions (BRD), create functional requirement definitions (FRD), technical design documents (TDD), and run user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Collaborate on Cloud KPIs and metrics to monitor and run the business and build reports using them
- Prototype reports and dashboards to get users engaged and excited about BI & Analytics solutions
- Oversight and project manage Data, BI & Analytics related tasks within the project such as providing status reports, lead BI requirement gathering sessions and UAT activities
- Understand the current AI/ML solutions available and Leverage existing analytical models and include relevant information for reporting to stakeholders
- Perform current state to future state detailed impact analysis activities to provide input to BI data migration strategy and recommended end state solution
- Partner closely with IT teams on functional requirements and design to drive successful end state solutions and user experiences
- Perform QA activities to validate requirements are being met through front end solutions, data model verification, and source to target mapping
- 2-5 years' experience as business analyst, requirements development, and/or solutions implementation of Data, BI & Analytics solutions
- Proficiency on complex SQL querying is a must (PostgreSQL or SAP-HANA highly desirable)
- Minimum of 1 year' experience working with industry leading BI tools such as Tableau, or other similar tools (Qlik, Power BI) to build dashboards/reports is a must
- Statistical knowledge & Analytics/AI/ML Modelling experience using R or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present findings to peers and team leads/managers and to business stakeholders as needed
- Ability to handle multiple projects task simultaneously with meticulous attention to detail
- Understanding of the primary business functions in a Software organization, such as Sales, Professional Services, Renewals, Customer Advocacy, or Global Support. Implementation of Business Intelligence solutions for these areas.
- Deep understanding of SaaS business models and processes is preferred.
- Technical knowledge and experience building reports/dashboards using SAP-BOBJ is highly preferred
- Experience working in virtual environments with team members spread across multiple time zones
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top