Backend Engineer, Octarine team, VMware Carbon Black
- Sofia, Bulgaria
Our team ( Octarine division ) leads the Kubernetes and container security efforts within VMware. The products we build, deliver end-to-end security solutions for customers running workloads at massive scale in cloud-native environments, protecting applications against internal and external threats. To achieve this, we live and breathe distributed systems leveraging highly scalable and robust microservice architectures and polyglot technology stacks.
The team in Bulgaria is growing and we are looking for bright and open minded engineers to become our colleagues. We are fun and yet responsible, we cherish the "can do" spirit, but we also learn from our mistakes and last but not least, we have the "you build it, you own it" mindset, but we do that as a team;
You have the opportunity to join us early in our journey and grow your career with us as we grow the team.
Our stack is based on Go, C++, Python, React, AWS and a whole lot around Kubernetes and Istio. We welcome candidates with experience with this stack, but it's not mandatory.
What You'll Do
We have an open position for an experienced backend software engineer with interest in building and monitoring highly scalable enterprise distributed systems. You will join us as part of a coherent end-end scrum team (5-7 people), yet you will be exposed and will collaborate with the larger container security team ( Octarine devision) and then even larger security business unit, to make sure we follow coherent practices and standards. You will have the opportunity to:
- Lead initiatives to design, build and deliver complex product features, in a fast-paced environment, working with the latest frameworks and technologies.
- Be an integral part of scaling our offering to hundreds and thousands of customers, now as part of VMware.
- Face various technological challenges, from designing big-data processing solutions, to understanding the internals of Kubernetes, to planning the architecture of a new product.
- Contribute to product direction and design discussions.
- Belong to a group of world class engineers, working together to build a better product - solving real issues to our customers, and doing that at the best quality possible.
- Collaborate with product management, UX, DevOps, backend, and frontend engineers to deliver the right solution.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in designing and delivering commercial software products.
- Experience writing multi-component systems or micro-services. Advantage to working with container platforms and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- High level expertise writing in a high-level language such as Go, Rust, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Couchbase).
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Quickly master new languages and technologies.
- Passion for software development and for learning cloud native application technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentives
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join
All job applications will be treated with strict confidentiality
JoinCarbonBlackSofia referral campaign
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top