VMware is looking for an engineerto join VMware's NSX Engineering team. NSX is a key component of VMware's software defined datacenter (SDDC) and allows our customers to build, host and deploy applications in their cloud. You will lead the next generation of networking applications using your expertise in distributed systems, software technologies andopen sourcetools to solve difficult customer use cases and delight them in the process. You will be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture. You will collaborate with cross functional teams on innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast-paced and technically driven environment.
We are interested in engineers who love building robust and scalable systems. We're looking for ideas and skills from every area of computer science, including distributed systems, large-scale system design, networking and security. We hire engineers who can tackle hard problems in new areas and help define new markets.
- Write distributed systems software in Java to manage and enable robust, scalable, high-volume applications.
- Build distributed, resilient, scalable and highly available infrastructure / Clustering software.
- Review design, code, test plans and results analysis.
- BS in Computer Science/related technical field. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Linux and development of distributed systems, clustering, database replication and high availability.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Experiencebuilding software solutions in fast paced engineering environment using Java.
- Knowledge of virtualization, networking and security constructs andopen sourcesoftware is a plus.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Back to top